Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

The P3P throttle does not have to go far below what I call a slow descent to kill the props. We put a piece of masking tape on the controller and marked a safe descent speed and then when it was on the landing pad I was shocked how little more we had pull for 2-3 seconds to kill the motors. So if you are doing a descent from any altitude you will be descending for more than 3-seconds so what we saw was if you drop too fast that could kill the props and activate the "Buy A New Drone Feature".

Wrong.......just wrong

I have descended from 400ft many times with the throttle bottomed out. The motors will NOT stop

Reactions: unclejas
If you guys do happen to discover something other than a CSC causing these shut downs please let us know. We are dealing with some pretty sophisticated computer chips in these birds and there is always the possibility of some sort of hardware or software glitch.
On the other hand, if you do find out it was an accidental mid air CSC please fess up!

How about a big RED recessed panic button that makes a loud siren sound with a one second delay placed on the center of the controller to stop the props asap if necessary in an emergency. No CSC. Problem solved.

How about a big RED recessed panic button that makes a loud siren sound with a one second delay placed on the center of the controller to stop the props asap if necessary in an emergency. No CSC. Problem solved.
There's no problem to solve.
ps .. putting a 1 second delay on an emergency stop mechanism isn't a very smart thing to do.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank you!
Obviously I'll never do CSC in air consciously... but I saw several crashes by perform this command unintentionally... so as I'm very new pilot I had this doubt... Thank you for your attention!
Some takes that I shot last week with P3P...

Where is that Chernobyl?lol!! Could be Detroit though!! lol..

No, it's not possible.
DJI design engineers are clever enough to work out things like that.
The P2 is limited to 2 metres/sec descent speed to ensure it doesn't get into VRS situations.
The P3 has other features designed into it, so they raised the descent speed to 3 m/s.
That's what I was hoping! Thanks for clarifying that I can safely descend straight down at full speed from any elevation with the P3. That will minimize the need to corkscrew down over the neighbor's property at low altitude, while bringing the bird home, just to avoid VRS! Happy neighbors=Happy me!:cool:

There are going to be 100 times the amount of complaints about phantoms because they will have sold 100 times the amount of birds than any other company, people complain more online than they praise that's just the nature of the internet and a side problem of dji's success. I wish my business had their multi billion dollar success problems ;)
Being so successful is part of the problem getting changes made....how many units are in production and how much raw materials / bought in parts, etc are ordered in bulk and have a delivery schedule. Making it costly and difficult to plan and implement new features.

Fred ... the number of accidental CSC incidents is incredibly small. Much less than you imagine.
It's not something that can happen in normal flight. It really isn't a problem.
Perhaps you could define normal flight for us please, like chasing a photo subject flying forward instead of leading it flying backwards?

Perhaps you could define normal flight for us please, like chasing a photo subject flying forward instead of leading it flying backwards?

What Meta means is that there is no need to fully fly backwards rolling left whist fully descending and yawing right. Unless you are Jacky-channing your bird, the manoeuvre is never required for 'normal' flight.

What Meta means is that there is no need to fully fly backwards rolling left whist fully descending and yawing right. Unless you are Jacky-channing your bird, the manoeuvre is never required for 'normal' flight.
So you are saying that that you have never filmed a water skier from the front?Just the back or side? Even the side shot can be a bit tricky. And like I asked, what is normal flight?

So you are saying that that you have never filmed a water skier from the front?Just the back or side? Even the side shot can be a bit tricky. And like I asked, what is normal flight?

If you are acrobatically flying and filming then I would love to see your footage. IMHO, the best footage is from simplistic movements such as a flyover, panning, or even stationary hover. Unless you are trying to simulate FPV for superman, there is no need for rapid changes in camera movements. If the Jet ski going straight, a nice course lock and slow yaw would work. If the jet ski is stunting, then a nice hover or even POI would suffice.

And yes, I have flown the crap out of my phantom when trying to escape from territorial birds and never have never gone close to CSC (and if you get chased by birds ascend whilst changing directions until you are in the clear).

If you are acrobatically flying and filming then I would love to see your footage. IMHO, the best footage is from simplistic movements such as a flyover, panning, or even stationary hover. Unless you are trying to simulate FPV for superman, there is no need for rapid changes in camera movements. If the Jet ski going straight, a nice course lock and slow yaw would work. If the jet ski is stunting, then a nice hover or even POI would suffice.

And yes, I have flown the crap out of my phantom when trying to escape from territorial birds and never have never gone close to CSC (and if you get chased by birds ascend whilst changing directions until you are in the clear).
Well for those that are interested, I did this for a local boat/wake board promo. I was very shy after losing my P3A so I only flew up and back the lake, but as you can see leading is much better than chasing. And don't tell me you don't have to use full stick to keep up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl