Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

The P3P throttle does not have to go far below what I call a slow descent to kill the props. We put a piece of masking tape on the controller and marked a safe descent speed and then when it was on the landing pad I was shocked how little more we had pull for 2-3 seconds to kill the motors. So if you are doing a descent from any altitude you will be descending for more than 3-seconds so what we saw was if you drop too fast that could kill the props and activate the "Buy A New Drone Feature".

I was shocked how little more we had pull for 2-3 seconds to kill the motors. So if you are doing a descent from any altitude you will be descending for more than 3-seconds

As discussed before, the motors will NOT shut down simply by holding the throttle down even for much longer then 3 seconds. The motors will only shut down using the full throttle down method IF the unit has stopped descending (landed) for 3 seconds (ie the altimeter is involved, sensing a loss in altitude keeps the engines running).

In other words, motors keep running until altitude is no longer decreasing AND you hold throttle down for > 3 seconds for using the full throttle down method. CSC on the other hand does not monitor if you are descending or landed or not.

Reactions: blade strike
The P3P throttle does not have to go far below what I call a slow descent to kill the props. We put a piece of masking tape on the controller and marked a safe descent speed and then when it was on the landing pad I was shocked how little more we had pull for 2-3 seconds to kill the motors. So if you are doing a descent from any altitude you will be descending for more than 3-seconds so what we saw was if you drop too fast that could kill the props and activate the "Buy A New Drone Feature".
This must be the 100th post like this in a month.
Do you really think DJI could be smart enough to design the P3 and have it crash when you descend for >3 secs?
Do you really think they wouldn't mention something like that in the manual?

This question is asked so often I have saved this reply so I don't have to type it out every time.

If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT STOP THE MOTORS IN FLIGHT.

Ironic username.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Ironic username.

To be honest guys, this is what makes supporting this site so vary hard. You try to teach or educate some and their so hard headed that they will not listen.

They just want to argue, then when you hit then with facts you're picking on the new guys.

Where I come from when you ask for help or don't understand something, you listen to those that you seek help from or that are more experienced. Asking for help or finding you did something wrong and then trying to justifing your wrong is what is wrong with society today.

There are now more than 100k p3 in the air. Even more of prior model phantoms and other dji fc. I'm sorry but if you piloted your craft in a safe manor there is NO REASON THAT YOU WOULD EVER ISSUE A CSC IN THE AIR ACCIDENTALLY.

+1

I would like to add that the good does out way the bad when it comes to user base. Especially the mods here, outstanding compared to most sites.:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Stupid question...
If you eventualy perform CSC and the motors stoped in a high altitude could you be able to turn on them again performing CSC again?
Or in other words, does it possible to turn on the Phantom in the air?
Thank you

facepalm.jpg

Yes it is possible to turn off and turn on the Phantom in the air using CSC.
But doing so means surrendering control and it is not advisable.
You most likely will not regain control in time.

Don't do it.

Yes it is possible to turn off and turn on the Phantom in the air using CSC.
But doing so means surrendering control and it is not advisable.
You most likely will not regain control in time.

Don't do it.
Thank you!
Obviously I'll never do CSC in air consciously... but I saw several crashes by perform this command unintentionally... so as I'm very new pilot I had this doubt... Thank you for your attention!
Some takes that I shot last week with P3P...

Once you begin to fly you'll see just how little control inputs are required to fly and that CSC is not a 'normal' combination of flight control inputs and 100% input is not necessary.

Reactions: Gabriel Lehto Gomes
Thank you!
Obviously I'll never do CSC in air consciously... but I saw several crashes by perform this command unintentionally... so as I'm very new pilot I had this doubt... Thank you for your attention!
Some takes that I shot last week with P3P...

Flying like in the videos you posted, you will never come close to a csc in flight.

I want to caution you though, the fist video is very careless and should not be done. Never fly over property or people that you do not have permission to fly over. If this goes down and just hits a car, it will be very bad news for you and or the community .

I'm with dalebb on this. I, too, was attempting a downward spin/sprail maneuver and ended up shutting off the motors at about 45 feet over a parking lot. No more camera and gimble! - Bent legs, etc. OK - read the manual - but to dalebb's point, there should be no way to kill the motors with the same controls used to fly the machine. Couldn't find a camera and bought a new system in the box then lost it in open water of the Chesapeake Bay a week later (my fault). So, I have boxes full of parts and can't get a 4k camera - or just a quad to go with my second controller, charger, accessories, etc. When will DJI start releasing components? They've got to know that there's a bunch of us out here with pieces and parts who want to put our Humpty Dumpties back together!

Reactions: dalebb
"When will DJI start releasing components?"

Good question, and to what level of granularity?

Given the seemingly enormous demand for the P3s, parts are likely prioritized to feed the factory(s) and repair depots first with spares somewhere down the line.

This must be the 100th post like this in a month.
Do you really think DJI could be smart enough to design the P3 and have it crash when you descend for >3 secs?
Do you really think they wouldn't mention something like that in the manual?

This question is asked so often I have saved this reply so I don't have to type it out every time.

If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT STOP THE MOTORS IN FLIGHT.
Is it possible on the P3P to enter VRS while descending straight down for 33 seconds with the left stick all the way down, or is that now not a concern because of the limit on the descent speed?

Is it possible on the P3P to enter VRS while descending straight down for 33 seconds with the left stick all the way down, or is that now not a concern because of the limit on the descent speed?
No, it's not possible.
DJI design engineers are clever enough to work out things like that.
The P2 is limited to 2 metres/sec descent speed to ensure it doesn't get into VRS situations.
The P3 has other features designed into it, so they raised the descent speed to 3 m/s.

Is it possible on the P3P to enter VRS while descending straight down
It's possible, but not likely. If you need to descend with the left stick in the full down position, then it's best to make sure you're moving horizontally at the same time (if possible).

No, it's not possible.
DJI design engineers are clever enough to work out things like that.
The P2 is limited to 2 metres/sec descent speed to ensure it doesn't get into VRS situations.
The P3 has other features designed into it, so they raised the descent speed to 3 m/s.
Well I am 6'-6" and I catch and launch my P3P by hand to keep it out of the dust, so it is 8' when I grab it with one hand and hold down the throttle for 3-seconds to kill the props. That is how I do it every time and every time it kills the props. Above mentioned is the 3m/s decent speed, so I take my time when I am descending. I have not run into a condition yet where I am videoing and coming straight down, I have been flying around or to objects and everything has worked.

Well I am 6'-6" and I catch and launch my P3P by hand to keep it out of the dust, so it is 8' when I grab it with one hand and hold down the throttle for 3-seconds to kill the props. That is how I do it every time and every time it kills the props. Above mentioned is the 3m/s decent speed, so I take my time when I am descending. I have not run into a condition yet where I am videoing and coming straight down, I have been flying around or to objects and everything has worked.

Yep, so do I. I can't remember when I last landed normally.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl