Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

On P3, do motors stop automatically when props are abnormally locked? (like AR.Drone)
At least on P2, motors tries to continue spinning till burn out. I was saved several times from burning out motors (and breaking props), when landing failure, stacked on tree, and even when flying at low level and flow by wind I intentionally dropped on soft grass to save my aircraft... And I've never initiated CSC in mid air. Phantom is not acrobatic machine, no need to go full back left while full down and full right yaw. :)

I'd say so, I've had one wreck which the dji hospital in Germany luckily fixed for free on a p2v and a dip in the salty sea with a p2v+ which I fixed myself but I fully understand the "oh ****" initial feeling and the horrible feelings of being a ******* in the following days. It's a real dagger to the heart man. I was very lucky, first time I couldn't fly for 5 weeks and second was 6 days but don't let it put you off because the rewards well outweigh the downsides. Unfortunately it's part and parcel of this game, my motto as many have seen me type before is "if you fly her be prepared to lose her, think that every flight could be your last, but fly her like you stole her"
100% agree with your quote. I look at it as the hand of blackjack I won that allowed me to pay for this toy, I could have just as easily lost.

The lever position can be found with data file as seen below. The data I have framed in the image is csc start up position.

You should not use my data formula as a reference because I have found that many have NOT calibrated their RC levers. That will have much different numbers.

If anyone does however need help knowing any particulars about data just send me a PM.

startdata.jpg

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I just won't go around the corner next time, I do have a long straight away down the lake to get my Monkey shots.

Amen, I was trying to come down and rotate at the same time. It came down and rotated alright into the lake.
Maybe you can see what happened if you check out the USER CENTER.(Pilot app)
There should be a record of your flight. If there is you can select the option that shows you gimbal action for the flight. With this you may be able to determine what happened. You can play the flight data like watching the flight on screen. Try it!
Good luck

Last edited:
Yesterday afternoon, I was flying around my yard, excited to hit my 12th hour of flight. At 40 percent battery I decided I would bring it down. At 80 feet I stopped and started doing some maneuvers and practicing various inputs etc. The app disconnected and then came back several times. "Last maneuver!" I thought, as I thrust upwards 10 feet and then downwards while rotating and rolling about. Suddenly, my heart sank as I watched the motors fall still. The P3A fell like a rock through the treetops and then slammed full-force into the bricks that encircle my tree's flower bed, scattering Phantom parts in a certifiable yard sale of my nighmares. I knew from the impact that I was out of business. The camera detached from the gimbal, which shattered the lens entirely, and severed the ribbon cable. The compass detached from the bent landing gear, but did not damage the cable and snapped back into place. Both of the legs of the Phantom bent and have small fractures. The shell popped out of place in several places at the seams. I have been in a state of depression for about 24 hours, as I will be out of the game for a long time, but I seek to make light of it. Possibly sell the controller and whatever else I can to help buy a new P3. DJI and B&H photo have thus far been unresponsive. I am not sure what happened. I had full GPS lock, strong RC signal, the props were and are intact and installed, the battery was still locked firmly in place. It has crossed my mind that perhaps I mistakenly performed CSC. This doesn't seem possible to me from the maneuvers I performed, and I certainly didn't hold CSC for 3 seconds. Am I even conceivably under warranty? What went wrong?

I'v mentioned that to others in my blog. The left hand stick will lock down if you push it too far in a descent. It's handy when you like to hand catch, but you have to be careful.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while it is possible you did something wrong, most likely, the P3 just failed. The lower end (P3 and below) products do that. They work great when they work. My P2 suddenly went crazy and dove into a Haarlem canal day before yesterday. I hired a diver to retrieve it, and hopefully it will fly again.

I have had 2 previous P2s fly away. In bother cases DJI agreed that it was the product, not me.

In my opinion, they have quality control issues with this level of product. Just sayin'

I'v mentioned that to others in my blog. The left hand stick will lock down if you push it too far in a descent. It's handy when you like to hand catch, but you have to be careful.
That only happens on the p2 v3 controller and not on the the p3

sorry for your crash I hope you get covered but what's a csc and how do you do it so I don't accidentally?

sorry for your crash I hope you get covered but what's a csc and how do you do it so I don't accidentally?

It's how you start the motors. It also stops them. If you're flying you should know. I believe the page from TFM was posted earlier in this thread.

Just purchased my p3p but what is this csc people are talking of advice would be appreciated.

It's an acronym for Combination Stick Command.

Reactions: Richard099
Good stuff to know. When I checked mine today on the bench, ANY full down position with both sticks shuts the motors down (down left, down right, any combination). Is this the same in flight? I can see where it would not be unusual at all to do this when lining up to land.

Hey buddy I'm suffering your pain as well. I know i didn't in fact perform the CSC but my dealer said It was most likely a motor issue. I was at 175 feet when it went down in a field. Busted up pretty bad and already on its way to DJI. Three weeks old, 1hr 39 min flight time and If I ever wanted to cry it would have been now. I had just performed a cold IMU calibration and went into practicing hovering for video shots after about four minutes of that I went up to follow a road and I could see it jerk twice as the sound changed and it went down. UGG! I hope to see how DJI will handle this? Battery is busted up, Gimbal base is broken and the body damage is worse than yours but the camera looks ok with the exception of a scratch on the pain. But you don't know until they get it on the bench to see what it did to the electronics.

Good stuff to know. When I checked mine today on the bench, ANY full down position with both sticks shuts the motors down (down left, down right, any combination). Is this the same in flight? I can see where it would not be unusual at all to do this when lining up to land.
OK you need to learn what csc is and how it performs before you post "my phantom just fell out of the sky" please heed my warning

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164