Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

9a1kLrv.png

Reactions: Skip holden
I believe one of the DJI guys once said that they are required to have the CSC available in flight due to some sort of regulation. If people would read the manual before they fly their 1100 dollar bird I think that would save a lot of them.

Sorry if this has been asked, but if I inadvertently CSC'd and it's coming back to earth, could I not CSC again to restart the motors? (that's if I'm high enough, of course).
You can attempt it in the simulator all you want without costing you anything. Feel free to try and report back. Height is the key.

I believe one of the DJI guys once said that they are required to have the CSC available in flight due to some sort of regulation. If people would read the manual before they fly their 1100 dollar bird I think that would save a lot of them.
I read the manual and understood what CSC was and what it did. But I accidentally initiated it. It could happen to an experienced pilot. It has. Stop acting like anyone who has had a crash is literally drooling on their bibs.

Dumb question about the log. It shows 6 o'clock and 3 and 9. The two CSCs are not any of those.

the app doesn't mix the stick visually but by the percentages you know it's a csc since you cant do 6 and 3 without being in the corners.

I read the manual and understood what CSC was and what it did. But I accidentally initiated it. It could happen to an experienced pilot. It has. Stop acting like anyone who has had a crash is literally drooling on their bibs.
It is a flying camera that is not designed to be operated that way. If you want to do extreme maneuvers buy a stunt quad. I don't see any reason why anybody should have the control sticks at 100% throw in both corners.

I read the manual and understood what CSC was and what it did.
But I accidentally initiated it. It could happen to an experienced pilot. It has.

people are taking the word manoeuvers to mean that I was trying to make it do flips.
I was rotating it while descending and rolled around a little bit.
So what was it?
Did you put the sticks into a CSC position during flight?
Did you "accidentally initiate" CSC under normal flying conditions or were you flying like a crazy chimp?
.. in which case, it would be no accident.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
So what was it?
Did you "accidentally initiate" CSC under normal flying conditions or were you flying like a crazy chimp?
You're killing me with the "crazy chimp" ;)
CrazyMonkey.gif

You can attempt it in the simulator all you want without costing you anything. Feel free to try and report back. Height is the key.
I found it can take 100 - 200 meters to do a CSC off then on again and have it slow itself down to stable flight, at least in the simulator.

It's a pretty dumb design that allows you to accidently shut the thing off while up in the air. CSC should only be allowed to work if the phantom senses it's on the deck.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

its is needed for emergency shut down.

there are times the option of killing motors is better than it flying off to a dangerous situation.

the other option is just don't do it!

Anyone willing to test that with his own craft and send us the results? 200 meters height cdc off, then on and recovery. Common, that is fun to see.

You guys are a trip! Stop posting and go fly. Don't fly it like a bat out of hell and you'll be fine. It's not worth getting worked up about (either way).

I propose a contest...first one to post video proof of one of the following wins:
1) use of CSC midair where it actually avoided something (injury, collision, damage, etc) - personally don't see it happening and buy into the theory that it's a required feature that makes little sense.
2) intentional CSC midair with recovery...my money is on this one. Surely someone has an old Phantom 1 or 2 laying around. Take it up high and make a quick cutoff (very quick!). Good luck!

Reactions: dalebb
I propose a contest...first one to post video proof of one of the following wins:
1) use of CSC midair where it actually avoided something (injury, collision, damage, etc) - personally don't see it happening and buy into the theory that it's a required feature that makes little sense.
Talk here has been about CSC mid-flight to avoid some dramatic collision.
That might be exciting to imagine but is extremely unlikely to ever happen.
CSC is 100 times more likely to be used on the ground to prevent harm from spinning props.
That's where the emergency stop function is most useful.
2) intentional CSC midair with recovery...my money is on this one. Surely someone has an old Phantom 1 or 2 laying around. Take it up high and make a quick cutoff (very quick!).
No need for anyone to do this for you - I've seen 2 on youtube already.

So what was it?

Meta4

Listen I was doing a bench test this morning for something other than CSC, But I stopped the (motors) on bench using the CSC down... It shut off all three ways?
(Left side - Center- Right side) all shut down motors. Stick mode 1. I thought it was only down center? Is it because I was on the bench not in the air?
Edit: Clarify only used the right stick for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart