Cracks!

Hey farmer who's your dealer,I'm 150+ flights in and found crack in the screw holding body,one of the ones behind motor screws,contacted my dealer who's sold few hundred and I'm the first one to get shell replaced from cracks,I'll take it in this week as he does the job in hour or two,I questioned if it's the cross braced newer shell and he confirms this,mines original motors and shell,brakes turned down,looked after but have given it some stick thou
Hi Bedford.Are you in Nz?
As far as i am aware my dealer is only authorised dealer in NZ.
And key reason I bought my P3 from them.
I am in the far north.

Hey farmer who's your dealer,I'm 150+ flights in and found crack in the screw holding body,one of the ones behind motor screws,contacted my dealer who's sold few hundred and I'm the first one to get shell replaced from cracks,I'll take it in this week as he does the job in hour or two,I questioned if it's the cross braced newer shell and he confirms this,mines original motors and shell,brakes turned down,looked after but have given it some stick thou
Hi Bedford, I thought I replied to you (from my smartphone?) anyway......Bought P3 from CC dealer - as I believe they are only Authorised dealer in NZ and I wanted to safeguard myself in the even of something that needed warranty (lol).
I have just had a reply from DJI!!! tonight asking for photos of defects and serial number!
However, previously bought P2 off the Auckland guy and he did some mods for me on remote.HDMI and DBS.

Where bouts are you Bedford - me, North of AK.

BTW I have two cracks both rear arms - inner body screw cavity.just up from motor mounts.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447758558.531517.jpg
the best i did!

Reactions: Stinch and Farmer
Hi farmer,yes just north of Auckland,got mine off grant who is authorised to repair it,he has done a few body changes on the p3 but he says that's only from people crashing them,mines one of the first to crack on the shell mounts,when I first got it the top body hadn't been lined up properly as one of the tags where showing out so got the special little torx tool and fixed that,checked all screws and some where quite tight,150 flights later and the small cracks started,still happy with the product and have only had one bottom puckering moment when got the low vaultage critical battery warning,battery was about 55% and it just started coming down behind a tree,little panic crept in so I thought oh I'll RTH and what did I do pushed the wrong button and turned off the controller ,ha ha you should of seen the spilt second what the ..... Have I done,so turned it back on while I'm still watching it desend, managed to launch the app and just when it was about 10 meters from ground overrid the quad with up stick and it was fine,had green safe to fly and all ,so straight back home,lesson I think and others have said try and take off with a full battery always and at the least be aware of what you are dong and relax ....it should be enjoyable or walk away

Reactions: Farmer
Hi farmer,yes just north of Auckland,got mine off grant who is authorised to repair it,he has done a few body changes on the p3 but he says that's only from people crashing them,mines one of the first to crack on the shell mounts,when I first got it the top body hadn't been lined up properly as one of the tags where showing out so got the special little torx tool and fixed that,checked all screws and some where quite tight,150 flights later and the small cracks started,still happy with the product and have only had one bottom puckering moment when got the low vaultage critical battery warning,battery was about 55% and it just started coming down behind a tree,little panic crept in so I thought oh I'll RTH and what did I do pushed the wrong button and turned off the controller ,ha ha you should of seen the spilt second what the ..... Have I done,so turned it back on while I'm still watching it desend, managed to launch the app and just when it was about 10 meters from ground overrid the quad with up stick and it was fine,had green safe to fly and all ,so straight back home,lesson I think and others have said try and take off with a full battery always and at the least be aware of what you are dong and relax ....it should be enjoyable or walk away

Cool Bedford.I attended a multicopter day out Kumeu last year - some model club hosted it.I was surprised how many tri-copters were there.
DJI got back to me and said "covered by warranty" and someone will contact me - hopefully - I expect it will be Grant.

Just put my P2 back together after a mishap with a gust and P2 in Atti mode.
Smashed both extended skids and banged up the Gimbal.

Does anyone here know the exact specs of the screws?

Surprisingly no one has an answer to my simple question

Don't totally agree. I deleted my post. A bit under the weather

Brand new out of the box.P3A, 1st mod, Strong Arm Plates. Torqued down and a little anti Sabo seal.

Attachments

• 1449583188030.jpg
    1449583188030.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 426
Reactions: chupeta82
I'm wondering if the cracks aren't due to user error? For example, yesterday I noticed when calibrating the compass, I used the turn by hand method (as opposed to holding it out at arms distance and turning in a circle) and when I went to grasp the area near one of the lights, I heard a crunch. I then noticed how flimsy the plastic was near this area. I know no one wants to admit to doing something incorrect, but ...

For example, this guy below has cracks in the area I heard mine crunch, and he has the new upgraded version:

vq79dk.jpg

I Can't Believe it! MY "New & Improved" shell has a crack after 7 flights!

Ok but where is the cracks thread in the p2v forum? Is it that the p2v owners are so smart that they don't make errors?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Okay... two of those threads don't apply to the P2V, but you've made your point. Well done.

One thing I notice when I examine the areas near the motor mount screws on my P2V is the area around each hole has an faint not-uniform outline around it. It looks almost as if some kind of liquid product was applied to the surface of the plastic around each hole. All sixteen holes have this. I wonder what it is?

Brand new out of the box.P3A, 1st mod, Strong Arm Plates. Torqued down and a little anti Sabo seal.

UAV BITS is sending me a set of the Phantom 3 SUB FRAMES! I can't wait to get them and give you all feedback. I think it would be awesome to KNOW you're eliminating flex and cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GunnyPapa
I'm not a structural engineer but in my experience if you reinforce one area you often just move the problem not fix it... I would be concerned of the additional stress immediately after the metal plate, just my $0.02

I'm not a structural engineer but in my experience if you reinforce one area you often just move the problem not fix it... I would be concerned of the additional stress immediately after the metal plate, just my $0.02
is not a personal preference use this in my drone in fact u move the vibration of the motors to the reenforsment plate and no just in the standard skinny plastic from the shell! many tested give me the security that reenforsment works and the price is not matter wen is about take care of my bird, in the other hands I thing plastics looks uglies in the good looking phantom!

Last edited:
Reactions: GunnyPapa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl