Course lock question

We apparently have two different course locks. Mine doesn't work the way you've described.

harbourside said:
no its not, course lock or ioc will as I said make the phantom fly in the direction you push the sticks, left is left and right is right etc. regardless of which way the phantom is pointing.
Assuming you start off with the phantom facing away from you, which you should.
Home lock is when you pull back on the stick and the phantom will fly directly towards the home point even If it is pointing in another direction.

Well for me course lock and home lock worked exactly as described and as expected.
I can only go my personal experience when offering help on here. :)

harbourside said:
Well for me course lock and home lock worked exactly as described and as expected.

I think it was just that your description of CL was open to different interpretations than you intended.

AnselA said:
harbourside said:

And your personal experience about left and right.

Well I am sorry that you find it so hard to understand, maybe with all your experience you could give us your explanation of how it works, and contribute something constructive to this thread for a change ;)

harbourside said:
AnselA said:
harbourside said:

And your personal experience about left and right.

Well I am sorry that you find it so hard to understand, maybe with all your experience you could give us your explanation of how it works, and contribute something constructive to this thread for a change ;)

OK, your advice: "Assuming you start off with the phantom facing away from you, which you should." is misleading.

One should start off phantom facing to the direction of CL grid is wanted to set. Your position or nose direction does not matter how the grid is set.

Is the ability to set the course on the fly a feature that was added in a formware update? I had it working on 3.06 but then downgraded back to 1.08 and can't get the thing to learn a new course while it's in the air.

Thanks for the help

If I reset Home for CL or HL (up/down 5x left switch) and I for some reason Failsafe triggers, where will the Phantom return to?
Sorry if it was already mentioned, I may not have understood correctly and have not tested yet.

Fyod said:
If I reset Home for CL or HL (up/down 5x left switch) and I for some reason Failsafe triggers, where will the Phantom return to?
Sorry if it was already mentioned, I may not have understood correctly and have not tested yet.

It returns to the home point so, if you have reset that then it will go to where you reset it. If you reset CL then that has no effect on the home point.

Oh ok. Only problem I see is if I reset HL, let's say above a statue so I can circle around it, than if it goes into failsafe, that could potentially be a problem.
And if I set HL 20m in the air, would failsafe land according to "ground detection" like it usually does? Ie. it senses when it isn't descending anymore and that's when the motors turn off?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl