Could it ever happen?

Reaction score
Would batteries ever last for a hour or more someday?

Batteries are expensive . Really wish batteries would last longer than 30min.

My plans are to get the Phantom 4 Pro plus 2 additional batteries and the charger that can hold 3 at a time.

After the Phantom I want to get the Mavic Pro and additional batteries and charger that can hold 4 batteries I think.

I want the Spark also .

Then after I save for a car I want to get the drone I really want which is the Inspire 2 , the batteries for the Inspire 2 are like $300 each though. For a drone thats like $3000 you would think the batteries would last longer than 25 minutes .
The Inspire 2 looks so awesome and I like how the landing struts fold up when it takes off.

Yea im nuts but Drones will be another hobbie I really want to get in to .

Of course. It wasn’t that long ago that a lot of electric RC models (particularity heli’s and multirotors) would be impractical. The same applies to Electric vehicles and other applications. We can thank LiION development for that. Even the current LiION we are using in our UAV are being further developed. Silicon anodes (current use graphite) provide a 10 times increase in theoretical capacity. It’s called progress.

I used to play around with a few TRAXXAS Revo monster trucks(NITRO) version as the eREVO (ELECTRIC) was terrible. That was 10 years ago and today I would not even consider the NITRO version as the eREVO is insane! In fact, I would say it is almost to much even with standard apur gear and gearbox.

Correction: Spur gear

My plans are to get the Phantom 4 Pro plus 2 additional batteries and the charger that can hold 3 at a time.

After the Phantom I want to get the Mavic Pro and additional batteries and charger that can hold 4 batteries I think.

I want the Spark also .

Then after I save for a car I want to get the drone I really want which is the Inspire 2 , the batteries for the Inspire 2 are like $300 each though. For a drone thats like $3000 you would think the batteries would last longer than 25 minutes .
The Inspire 2 looks so awesome and I like how the landing struts fold up when it takes off.

Unless you are wanting to do cinematography, the Inspire 1 would be better. The Inspire 2 will not have any other capabilities other than camera lenses. DJI said no Thermal or other accessories on the Inspire 2 other than lenses. The Inspire 1 does the same as Inspire 2 but has more capabilities.. Just a thought. Might want to watch a video on the difference between the 2.. There is a little flight time difference between the 2, but the Inspire 2 has to fly with 2 batteries, not 1. More money in batteries to fly.. Yes, its redundant, but at $200 for a battery, that means you need $400 of batteries for Inspire 2 and a $200 battery to fly the Inspire 1. They are a lot of money, no sense in burying yourself in battery costs unless you are filming movies !!

Just a thought

I want the Spark also .

You want to spend about $3000 in drones... but batteries are expensive?

My recommendation is to simply pick one of these drones (which will do everything the other drones can do) and save that extra $2000 to buy a few batteries.

I don't think your issue is the expense of batteries... it's money management.

If you can't afford to buy batteries and don't yet have a drone, I'd recommend the Spark with 2 extra batteries.

I hate to say this but I'm not really convinced that you are not just posting about a ton of stuff you just want.

Of course. It wasn’t that long ago that a lot of electric RC models (particularity heli’s and multirotors) would be impractical. The same applies to Electric vehicles and other applications. We can thank LiION development for that. Even the current LiION we are using in our UAV are being further developed. Silicon anodes (current use graphite) provide a 10 times increase in theoretical capacity. It’s called progress.

We use LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries, not LiIon. :)

We'll get there sooner rather than later. :)
As more and more devices start using LiPo batteries more and more research & dev will go into making them better (more power, less weight, less cost). The demand will be there, esp. in the commercial and industrial sectors.

Combine that with better design, more efficient motors, firmware that optimizes efficiency, lighter cameras, gimbals, etc -- it will all come together to make longer and longer flight times.

I want the Spark also .

Whoa whoa whoa...I personally think your doing everything backwards. Don't know how anyone else hasn't commented on this. Before you buy ANY drone you should buy a car. That way you can get to the job you have to save for drones and accessories. You sound very young so it makes sense your getting your priorities a little mixed up, but figured I would throw my two cents in to help get you back in line. Good luck!

Reactions: Pharm
Whoa whoa whoa...I personally think your doing everything backwards. Don't know how anyone else hasn't commented on this. Before you buy ANY drone you should buy a car. That way you can get to the job you have to save for drones and accessories. You sound very young so it makes sense your getting your priorities a little mixed up, but figured I would throw my two cents in to help get you back in line. Good luck!

That's a bold assumption. Perhaps you should check his bio.

I didn't need a "thought process" to realize what he was saying was immature. You clearly must think the same way he does otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. Good luck to you too sir.

And now your making assumptions about me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12