Could I fly my P4P at 20mph, take 100 photos per minute, and get clear, crisp results?

I want to figure out the maximum speed / max photo that can produce good results.

In good, full sunlight, I would think that getting a crisp photo when going 20mph is possible. The closer you are to the subject, however, the more motion blur you’ll get. The real issue is whether the P4P has a fast enough frame rate to allow 100 still frames in 60 seconds. The speed of the sd card and the resolution of the images are the main considerations for that. Try 2 tests: 1)Take 1 photo in good daylight flying at 20mph at your desired height and see if it is sharp. 2)Set the drone out in good light, set the camera to either take jpeg or raw photos and without even flying it, see if you can take 100 pictures in a minute and have them recorded to your card.

I want to figure out the maximum speed / max photo that can produce good results.
Maybe.
A quick test showed I could bang off 7 shots in 9 seconds using manual focus.
If you tried for 100 shots, you might run into buffer issues writing the data to the sd card ??
I'll let you test that.
I would expect the interval timing to be pretty rough if you were trying to do it manually.
If you used DJI Go 4 to set the intervals, it won't go faster than 2 seconds.
Looking at a recent DroneDeploy mapping mission, DD was shooting approx every 2 seconds.

What are you trying to do?
If it's mapping, it would be much better to use a mapping app to do the shooting with precise overlaps rather than trying to do it manually.

Reactions: BigAl07
Maybe.
A quick test showed I could bang off 7 shots in 9 seconds using manual focus.
If you tried for 100 shots, you might run into buffer issues writing the data to the sd card ??
I'll let you test that.
I would expect the interval timing to be pretty rough if you were trying to do it manually.
If you used DJI Go 4 to set the intervals, it won't go faster than 2 seconds.
Looking at a recent DroneDeploy mapping mission, DD was shooting approx every 2 seconds.

What are you trying to do?
If it's mapping, it would be much better to use a mapping app to do the shooting with precise overlaps rather than trying to do it manually.

I’m just exploring some potential uses to see if it’s feasible. I asked this question with making an orthomosaic of a rural road with only frontlap and ideally a speed that can get it done in an affordable amount of time

And that 2 sec interval is for JPGs only too. 5 sec minimum interval for Raw only...

I’m just exploring some potential uses to see if it’s feasible. I asked this question with making an orthomosaic of a rural road with only frontlap and ideally a speed that can get it done in an affordable amount of time
As meta4 points out, you're pushing the envelope of a Phantom. Of course, you can do the experiment as he suggests - pretty simple. My WAG is that you would need a faster camera and as such an Inspire level machine.

Or you could use multiple drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72