Controllers like stays red.

Reaction score
I haven’t flown my P3 pro and when I went to update the firmware on the drone it seems successful. However when I turn on my controller the light is red and does nothing else. Please help.

If there is a firmware update available for the remote controller, you'll need to update the remote controller too.

You can find detailed instructions for installing the P3P firmware here. Check each step carefully to ensure you didn't miss anything.

I tried to update the controller with the latest firmware, It still stayed read. I will try again and thank you so much.

Did you successfully update it?

Did you successfully update it?
I downloaded the latest firmware on to a thumb drive and put it into the controller. I turned on the controller controller and the light continues to stay read and nothing happens. Any further suggestions? Thank you so much for your input.

So the left most light stays read and none of the other white lights to the right light up?

There is a good chance that the firmware update did not work correctly and the controller is fubared. You can attempt to update again (I think you can try using Assistant 2) and you can also try a reset of the controller (you can search YouTube for this). If those things don't work, you may need to send the controller to DJI. Mine was out of warranty and they still repaired it for free.

I downloaded the latest firmware on to a thumb drive and put it into the controller. I turned on the controller controller and the light continues to stay read and nothing happens.
After attempting to install the firmware, did you find a TXT file in the root of the memory card?

Thank you so much. I will attempt to update it once again. The red light is on but the white lights also light up.

I will attempt to update it once again.
If you're installing the latest firmware, you won't be able to install it with a memory card. You'll need to install it from DJI GO. You can force the install like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart