P3 Firmware Controller will not update or generate a log file at no matter what I do

I can now report that both the RC and drone are running the latest FW. Dunno what went wrong the first time around. As I had both running the same FW now, I could today go out for a maiden flight. Very impressed so far.

Have you got advanced or proffesional what fw is your tx on ? What controller do you have should say in the back

Cheers

Hi Guys:
-
Looks like I have joined the club ...
-
Here’s the scoop …
-
1.) Brand new, NEVER flown, new Phantom 3 Pro purchased from authorized dealer B&H in New York.
2.) Set everything up and got a “firmware update required”.
3.) I really hesitated to do that because everything up to that point was 4x4.
4.) Pulled the micro SD card and went to DJI site for the new update.
5.) Followed the on-line video instructions to the letter.
6.) Downloaded the bin file. Put it on the card. Put card back into the aircraft.
7.) Load went fine. All the proper beep-beep sounds. Process ended correctly.
8.) Put the card back into the computer.
9.) Got the success message. Cool. I was very pleased!
-
Now the FUBAR begins…
10.) Took the card out. Put card into USB / SD adapter and put into the RC control as instructed.
11.) RC load did not go as it should have. Wrong color LED. Wrong beeps. Does not load as shown on the video instructions!
****! Screen says, “Firmware update required” but then says “Safe to Fly” !!! ??? I now have a $1300.00 paper weight.
12.) FYI: I have the "new" GL300B transmitter. Emailed DJI in CA.
Waiting for their reply.

Firmware upgrade is completely normal is a glitch they are fixing

I've been flying mine solid like this for ages

I have gone out 3.5kms no problems

Everybody read the forum please :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"satchy" - - -
-
Mucho Thanks !!! You'd think that someone at DJI could have told me as much.
BTW, you made my day ...
Calm winds -
-
David

Reactions: satchy
No probs mate enjoy let us know how you go ;)

Thanks Satchy!

This exactly the info I was looking for. I have had my new P3P sitting on my desk for 3 days trying to find out what the deal was with the RC not updating which has kept me grounded.

Just read this as I am leaving work. Time to go fly this thing!

Thanks again!

Reactions: satchy
Okay so I just received my new Phantom 3 pro today, calibrated the Imu and gps as directed by my table. It wants the camera and phantom upgrade but someone told me not to do it if I have a GL 300 b radio. My local DJI dealer says that the radios are getting bricked when the upgrade happens. Now Im not sure if my new P3P is airworthy until DJI fixes the firmware upgrade. Anybody else hear about this bricking issue with the radio. May explain some of these radio issues guys are having.

So here is what I found in the first forum I searched under "Phantom 3 radio bricked after firmware upgrade....kinda sucks. Glad I didnt install the new firmware on my new p3p...

Ran the latest firmware update on the new Phantom 3 pro this morning and not only did it fail, but bricked the unit to the point where the only solution is to send it BACK to DJI for repair / exchange.

Spent time on both livechat and phone support, they do not have a solution to flash the firmware again. Was pretty shocked that there is no way to revert back or do a fresh flash of the firmware.

Also PSA the unit will beep consistently the entire time (25min) that the firmware is updating. So make sure you have somewhere to hide while it does it thing.

User fault id say update p3 to 128
Leave tx alone if it's 300b it won't update anyway

I can't guarantee anything I'm speaking from my experience and others so you can get her flying
If your not sure don't update :)

Mine worked fine I was just hesitant to try. The furthest distance that I have been able to go though is 2945 ft which is only 0.6 miles???

with the help of a friend .
we did the 1.3.20 firm ware update that came out on tuesday.
same day i got mt p3p.
Did everything he told me to do and everything up dated with out any problems.
Wed i took it out for the first flight.
went through half a battery than landed and changed out to second battery.
wanted to get both battery to update.
flew second battery with out a hitch.
just my 2 cents.everything looks good so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl