Control and sudden meaunever?

Reaction score
Just a quick question

When flying the drone I am afraid to go say full throttle in any direction and just let of the sticks. Sudden stops at fast speed.
I was sort of doing it today and I felt like the drone reacted real unstable as it stopped to hover.
Are these things made to be able to be controlled like that?
Is there a adjustment to maybe slow its stop down and not be so abrupt?

I plan to fly over the lake a lot and a crash landing would be bad enough but way worse if it sinks to the bottom of the lake.

Thanks
Dan

It's fine flying it hard. There are settings under the advance tab to soften the reaction to changes in direction / speed but this will effect how it flies slow also and may give you undesired sliding video effects.

Overall the control system will handle what you throw at it. But why not just backdown on your input before coming to a stop instead of just letting go of the sticks. Graceful movements in and out of fast flight?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just make sure your props are on tight. Ive heard of peoples props flying off because they just spin them on til they stop without tightening them on and when they perform hard maneuvers, props fly off.

Reactions: slackerme
Is there a adjustment to maybe slow its stop down and not be so abrupt?
You can make the braking smoother by reducing the brake sensitivity in the following section of the DJI GO app:

IMG_1948.PNG

IMG_1947.PNG

Keep in mind that reducing the brake will cause your Phantom to coast more as it's coming to a stop. So, make sure you test it out while above all obstacles whenever making changes to this setting.

Reactions: slackerme

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl