Consumer Alert !!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention:

1) I did get a response via BBB from Mr Neary. He stated he refunded my contract (via Paypal). However the next day I got an email from Paypal stating Mr Neary's bank declined it (likely due to lack of funds). So i initiated an investigation with Paypal. Mr Neary has 10 days to respond. If not Paypal will just refund me then go after him INCLUDING suspending any and all of his accounts.
2) Also in the response he said if I wanted my drone back from the repair facility in MN that I would have to pay for shipping. REALLY!!!

So you can see what a piece of work he is...

That's why I always research and investigate before doing any transaction with a new entity. Fortunately with State Farm, you will never going to get scammed.

That's why I always research and investigate before doing any transaction with a new entity. Fortunately with State Farm, you will never going to get scammed.

Actually I did, albeit not as much as I should. All indicators looked good. I should have called the repair facility. I did check BBB and googled plus i talked to him

Actually I did, albeit not as much as I should. All indicators looked good. I should have called the repair facility. I did check BBB and googled plus i talked to him
But he does not work for a big business like State Farm. He represents something else that I never heard about it before. That's why doing a good research is important. Always go with the big businesses in the field. If someone cheated you from a big business like State Farm, you can go to the central offices and resolve the issue easily because you have the proof in papers.

Hey guys,
Insurance: I did call a local GA state farm rep. He said it did NOT matter if I was flying for hobby or commercial, they will cover it. It was $60 a year with $100 deductible. They will try to fix first (you can goto your own place or one they recommend). If it can't be fixed they will replace. If it can't be replaced they will cut you a check for the declared value. When you call State Farm which I think is the only carrier that does this - ASK for personal article

I'd love to know which agent you spoke with. Mine checked and said they wouldn't cover commercial ops, even at an extra cost. $60/year is worth it. Wish my guy would work with me...

I'd love to know which agent you spoke with. Mine checked and said they wouldn't cover commercial ops, even at an extra cost. $60/year is worth it. Wish my guy would work with me...

I personally don't understand why it would matter if you flew hobby or commercial - a crash is a crash... kinda irrelevant if you were flying hobby or commercial - IMHO

I personally don't understand why it would matter if you flew hobby or commercial - a crash is a crash... kinda irrelevant if you were flying hobby or commercial - IMHO
I am just guessing but when you do commercial flight, you are under a property and if it's happened that you crashed and damaged private property, they don't want to cover liability. When you flying for fun, they want to cover the damage of your bird. I maybe wrong. I do not have any insurance for my phantom.

They told me it's repair/replacement coverage, my deductible applies. I use Verifly for liability coverage.
Thanks, I've to call them and see what they say. I have liability for commercial or recreational flights, but would be interested in repair/replacement coverage.

Maybe they think commercial ops will mean flying if busy areas with people and businesses, but hobbyist will fly in more scenic remote places. No idea. He couldn't explain it to me.

Maybe they think commercial ops will mean flying if busy areas with people and businesses, but hobbyist will fly in more scenic remote places. No idea. He couldn't explain it to me.
Liability is all I can think why they don't want to mess with it.

Reactions: Guzziknight
I'm just saying what the agent told me and that it didn't matter. Damage is Damage.. I haven't even unpacked my new P4P yet. Weather yesterday was lousy. Contractor just left my house (been here all am). Bit windy today. Plus if the state farm deal falls through I will get the DJI care. Once you turn that bird on the 48 hour clock starts with reference to buying DJI care. One second after they will cut you off.

Yet MORE BAD News....

Amex denied my claim stating aircraft are excluded... DAMMMM $1500 bucks down the drain. Thanks Matt Neary (heavy sarcasm).

Reactions: macoman
Yet MORE BAD News....

Amex denied my claim stating aircraft are excluded... DAMMMM $1500 bucks down the drain. Thanks Matt Neary (heavy sarcasm).

Wow, sorry to hear that DD. I'm still waiting on my bank and Visa to decide on my claim. But, I did file with the Cincinnati BBB, so that's in the works.

...just thinking about what you said though. Amex is stating that the aircraft is excluded? You need to explain to them that it was a service/repair contract on electronics (not the bird itself) and see what they say. Can't hurt to try.

Captain.... Thanks.. but the bird is damaged which is probably why the included it in aircraft category, which it is.
Once I saw it in their policy in writing, i gave up
F____ this neary guy. He has caused me SO much stress pain and aggravation

Captain.... Thanks.. but the bird is damaged which is probably why the included it in aircraft category, which it is.
Once I saw it in their policy in writing, i gave up
F____ this neary guy. He has caused me SO much stress pain and aggravation
I think you should try to find a lawyer as well and try to sue this guy for lying and causing all these issues. I know a lawyer will not be cheap but if you sue for $50k and the lawyer take half... That's a great win there.

I;ve been following along,. this guy, jeez!! sorry for you guys. From the response, do you think this all came to a head, before he got into allot of peoples pockets?
Are we talking a few phantom pilots, or are we talking 100's of people?
I'd hate to think he's off somewhere ordering Mi-Ti's with a blonde on his arm!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka