Consumer Alert !!!!!

Nope...

He isn't returning any calls texts or emails

I filed a complaint with the BBB today and will be calling the district attorney tomorrow about possible criminal charges

Nope...

I filed a complaint with the BBB today and will be calling the district attorney tomorrow about possible criminal charges
Nope...

Count me in. I want to give the benefit of the doubt; family illness, computers crashed, etc, but...... I'll call credit card folks in the morning, they will have resources and good advice.

Nope...

Nope. No response to my emails/calls either. Strange too, because he always got back with me within a day or two.

I'll give him a few more days, but like you guys, I may have to seek reimbursement if there has been a breach of contract.

I may call Maverick Drones tomorrow and see if they will even speak to me about it. They may have more idea of what's going on.

Reactions: Crack The Sky
Nope. No response to my emails/calls either. Strange too, because he always got back with me within a day or two.

I'll give him a few more days, but like you guys, I may have to seek reimbursement if there has been a breach of contract.

I may call Maverick Drones tomorrow and see if they will even speak to me about it. They may have more idea of what's going on.
Let's keep in touch on this. Like I said, I want to give the benefit of the doubt; my own house just almost floated away, so anything is possible. And $239 is not a life changing number to be ripped off for, but still......

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Ok guys, I called Maverick Drones and spoke with them about NearyAerial. Seems that they are in a dispute about payments being made by Neary to cover repairs made under contract with Maverick. Some repairs were quoted to be 'very pricey', and they (Maverick) has not been paid by Neary for the repairs. So, the birds sit at Maverick until the repair bill is settled.

The guy at Maverick was not at liberty to say just how bad things are between them and Neary, but by the tone of our conversation, it's not too good.

I'll give Matt a few more days to respond to my calls & emails. After that time, I won't have any choice but to seek reimbursement of my payment due to breach of contract.

As for Maverick Drones, they are a great repair center, authorized by DJI. They are caught in the middle of this like we are. They do great work, and have quick turnaround times.

And Matt (Neary), if you happen to read this.......please post a message back here concerning these developments. Tell it like it is.....and what your plans are. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt........but time is ticking.......

Ok guys, I called Maverick Drones and spoke with them about NearyAerial. Seems that they are in a dispute about payments being made by Neary to cover repairs made under contract with Maverick. Some repairs were quoted to be 'very pricey', and they (Maverick) has not been paid by Neary for the repairs. So, the birds sit at Maverick until the repair bill is settled.

The guy at Maverick was not at liberty to say just how bad things are between them and Neary, but by the tone of our conversation, it's not too good.

I'll give Matt a few more days to respond to my calls & emails. After that time, I won't have any choice but to seek reimbursement of my payment due to breach of contract.

As for Maverick Drones, they are a great repair center, authorized by DJI. They are caught in the middle of this like we are. They do great work, and have quick turnaround times.

And Matt (Neary), if you happen to read this.......please post a message back here concerning these developments. Tell it like it is.....and what your plans are. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt........but time is ticking.......
Good Job, Sir. Thank you. I'm calling my credit card company now to see what they can do for me. I wish now that I had found my way directly to Maverick before ever stumbling onto middleman Neary.

Hopefully you can recover some or all from your cc company. It will at least take the sting out of the repair bill. I think also that Maverick will work with owners affected by this mess. They are great to deal with, and will probably do all they can to help.

I'm gonna give it a few more days before I call my cc company. Let us know how your deal turns out.

Hopefully you can recover some or all from your cc company. It will at least take the sting out of the repair bill. I think also that Maverick will work with owners affected by this mess. They are great to deal with, and will probably do all they can to help.

I'm gonna give it a few more days before I call my cc company. Let us know how your deal turns out.
10-4. Going to live chat with them shortly, if they answer. If not, I'll insider email.

An update for everyone. Just got off the phone with my C.C. company that I used to charge the $239 for (1) year Gold service plan for my Phantom 4. Charge was made 11/4/2016. Began a dispute against neary-aerial.com with the C.C. company. They will be investigating & contacting the "merchant" for information/explanation. C.C. company will get back to me with-in 5-7 days.
Interesting note: neary-aerial is on record in their system as a "General - residential/commercial - Contractor", based in California.
Can't wait to see where this goes.
Also tried his website & phones again just now.
Both not working.
Stay tuned

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hey guys, sorry for the lapse

Don't waste your time trying to reach Matt Neary. He is GONE and doesn't give a rats ___ about any of his customers.

Do what I did to get a response and hit him where it hurts, file a Better Business Bureau complaint (use his business in Florence KY). He has to respond to them. All commutations are via BBB. Through that his response to me was "i refunded the customer" Next day I got an email from Paypal saying his (Neary) bank denied the charges (likely due to non payment).

Oh and i'm having Paypal investigate for me. If Neary doesn't respond to them in 10 days they will credit me and SUSPEND his accounts - hit him where it hurts

All his websites and facebook are shut down except ONE - Neary Inspections. I posted a truthful comment there and suggest you do the same. Again this could impact his business which he deserves.

I too had a LONG conversation with Maverick Drone. He shared a lot with me. I do know there are MANY Neary customers out there. I know he hasn't been making payments for some time now and they owe him a lot of money. He was using the drone insurance business to rob peter to pay paul basically.

Also i have a law enforcement background. I know the laws in my state and googled them for KY. Nearly SHOULD be charged with theft by deception which based on the amount would be a felony. This man needs JAIL time.

I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro today. I will be getting DJI care OR reputable insurance on it. Trust me I won't make that mistake again.

I welcome to hear from others either here or PM

Best regards
Paul

Reactions: FlashBuddy

Don't waste your time trying to reach Matt Neary. He is GONE and doesn't give a rats ___ about any of his customers.

Do what I did to get a response and hit him where it hurts, file a Better Business Bureau complaint (use his business in Florence KY). He has to respond to them. All commutations are via BBB. Through that his response to me was "i refunded the customer" Next day I got an email from Paypal saying his (Neary) bank denied the charges (likely due to non payment).

Oh and i'm having Paypal investigate for me. If Neary doesn't respond to them in 10 days they will credit me and SUSPEND his accounts - hit him where it hurts

All his websites and facebook are shut down except ONE - Neary Inspections. I posted a truthful comment there and suggest you do the same. Again this could impact his business which he deserves.

I too had a LONG conversation with Maverick Drone. He shared a lot with me. I do know there are MANY Neary customers out there. I know he hasn't been making payments for some time now and they owe him a lot of money. He was using the drone insurance business to rob peter to pay paul basically.

Also i have a law enforcement background. I know the laws in my state and googled them for KY. Nearly SHOULD be charged with theft by deception which based on the amount would be a felony. This man needs JAIL time.

I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro today. I will be getting DJI care OR reputable insurance on it. Trust me I won't make that mistake again.

Best regards
Paul
After 10 days of trying his phone numbers and waiting to see if his website would come back from the dead, I filed a "dispute" against Neary-Aerial.com with my credit card company on Monday, (05/01/17). The C.C. company told me that their investigation would take 5-7 days and then they would get back to me. In (3) days, on Wednesday, (05/03/17), they issued me a 100% refund of the $239 I spent for the Neary - Gold Service Plan. They gave me no details, or explanation of what they had discovered.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
The only reputable and trusted company that can insurance a drone is State Farm. I will not go to any other one than this.

The only reputable and trusted company that can insurance a drone is State Farm. I will not go to any other one than this.
I'm going to give them a ring on Monday. We don't have our homeowner's or auto insurance with them, so I wonder what they will say.

Best regards
Paul
Did you get your damaged p4p back from Maverick? You can part it out and recoup some of your loss. The main flight controller/computer's are selling on eBay for around $450. The RC's are selling for about $200. That's $650 right there and you still have several hundred dollars worth of parts left to sell. A lot of people will buy new quads and disassemble them to sell the parts. They are worth more as individual parts than they are as a complete unit.

I spoke to my State Farm agent. They'll cover my drone under my renters insurance, but only when I fly it for fun. They won't cover it during commercial ops.

I spoke to my State Farm agent. They'll cover my drone under my renters insurance, but only when I fly it for fun. They won't cover it during commercial ops.

Yup... I hear that commercial flying drones are not covered.

Are you guys talking about Liability insurance or repair coverage for the drone, with State Farm ?

Has anyone considered contacting the State of Kentucky? If this guy is/was selling insurance he should have been licensed in the states he was selling coverage. Last time I looked state governments take selling insurance without a license or failing to pay claims very seriously.

This would seem the quickest way to put some fire under his ***.

Hey guys,

Let me see if I can respond to all the above posts:

I did call the KY district attorneys office. They won't do anything without a police report (understandable). So I called Florence KY PD. They said let me guess the drone is in MN. I asked how they knew. They said someone called last week. They said to call MN Pd since that is where the drone was. I called the PD up in MN who said no crime was committed here. UGGGG I think since it was over state lines I may give the FBI a call to have them investigate this guy. The number of people and amount of money he has scammed is HIGH.

Insurance: I did call a local GA state farm rep. He said it did NOT matter if I was flying for hobby or commercial, they will cover it. It was $60 a year with $100 deductible. They will try to fix first (you can goto your own place or one they recommend). If it can't be fixed they will replace. If it can't be replaced they will cut you a check for the declared value. When you call State Farm which I think is the only carrier that does this - ASK for personal article insurance.

Regarding my old drone. I was going to have Maverick keep it and use for parts towards a replacement. However, it was brought to my attention (and documented on Amex web page) that the property in question COULD be needed to send to Amex. So i am having sent back to me. Plus they were only going to offer $200 and I had to ship the controller back. So I suspect they were just going to fix and re-sell. So i should get it back. If, after amex is done, use for parts, sell parts or hell have a spare controller. My P4P camera while appears to be in tact has snapped off from the drone. Many good sources tell me there is no real easy way to get that back on, hence the expensive part as a whole new controller is needed. Landing gear is SHOT but thats a $50 part and minor labor. The shell and guts appear to be in tact and undamaged. So thanks for that suggestion.

Regarding the person who got their money back from CC. Most will just do that and either write it off or go after him. Likely they are just going to write off since a small amount.

Regarding Mr Neary don't waste your time contacting him. If you honestly think he will reply you are kidding yourself. He is a fraud and has spent your money. I would HIGHLY encourage everyone to file a BBB complaint and/or post on his Facebook (neary inspections). Use: www.cincinnati.bbb.org for that. Would be nice if I or a group of us could afford a lawyer. This man needs jail time.

I hope this helps even one person so they don't have to go through what I did.

Reactions: macoman
Oh I forgot to mention:

1) I did get a response via BBB from Mr Neary. He stated he refunded my contract (via Paypal). However the next day I got an email from Paypal stating Mr Neary's bank declined it (likely due to lack of funds). So i initiated an investigation with Paypal. Mr Neary has 10 days to respond. If not Paypal will just refund me then go after him INCLUDING suspending any and all of his accounts.
2) Also in the response he said if I wanted my drone back from the repair facility in MN that I would have to pay for shipping. REALLY!!!

So you can see what a piece of work he is...

Reactions: macoman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka