Constant altitude using waypoints in litchi

Reaction score
I would like to know if it is possible to create a mission with constant altitude. When I create a mission in mission hub it creates the waypoints relative to the ground, in case that I enter for example 60m is always relative to the ground, and the resulting mission is a line that changes the overall altitude.

I was wondering if it is possible to set the altitude from the first waypoint and create an exact straight line with no altitude variation from the first waypoint.

I cannot see the way of creating this. and I think it would be better for me to create a smooth video recording.

Any idea?

Thank you very much.

When I create a mission in mission hub it creates the waypoints relative to the ground, in case that I enter for example 60m is always relative to the ground, and the resulting mission is a line that changes the overall altitude.
That 60m you refer to should not vary from one waypoint to another assuming you have each waypoint set to 60m. It will be a straight line from one to the next. All relative to ground. Not really sure what you are asking. You will need to adjust the mission altitudes manually for obstacles if any are in the path. The Phantom has no way of knowing the change in elevation profile, it only knows the set altitude at each waypoint.

That 60m you refer to should not vary from one waypoint to another assuming you have each waypoint set to 60m. It will be a straight line from one to the next. All relative to ground. Not really sure what you are asking. You will need to adjust the mission altitudes manually for obstacles if any are in the path. The Phantom has no way of knowing the change in elevation profile, it only knows the set altitude at each waypoint.

Thank you for the response.

I will try to explain better. Yes I have the all waypoints set to 60m for example. But if the altitude of the ground varies, the resulting altitude also varies.

Let’s look at this example:

Waypoint 1 – set to altitude 60m – ground altitude 400

Waypoint 2 - set to altitude 60m – ground altitude 380

Assuming that, the resulting line goes from 400+60=460 to 380+60=440, there is a real reduction of 20 m between the waypoints.

What I am trying to do is set the altitude relative to the first waypoint, let’s say 460 and fly all the mission with the same altitude. Is this possible? Maybe taking in consideration the m below first waypoint and correcting by hand? But if I change de altitude the altitude from first waypoint does not update in mission hub.

I hope this time is clearer.

Thanks a lot for your time.

My experience has been that all waypoints default to altitude above home point and therefore should be what you want. You can only set relative to ground in the app on your phone or tablet. Not in mission hub.

Having said that, maybe Litchi changed the mission hub recently?

I would like to know if it is possible to create a mission with constant altitude. When I create a mission in mission hub it creates the waypoints relative to the ground, in case that I enter for example 60m is always relative to the ground, and the resulting mission is a line that changes the overall altitude.

I was wondering if it is possible to set the altitude from the first waypoint and create an exact straight line with no altitude variation from the first waypoint.
Although Litchi does have the ability to set waypoint levels relative to the ground below, the standard waypoint mission is using height above the home point.
Here's an example - all are 30 metres above home point.
i-NrbjxXL-L.png

Thank you for the response.

I will try to explain better. Yes I have the all waypoints set to 60m for example. But if the altitude of the ground varies, the resulting altitude also varies.

Let’s look at this example:

Waypoint 1 – set to altitude 60m – ground altitude 400

Waypoint 2 - set to altitude 60m – ground altitude 380

Assuming that, the resulting line goes from 400+60=460 to 380+60=440, there is a real reduction of 20 m between the waypoints.

What I am trying to do is set the altitude relative to the first waypoint, let’s say 460 and fly all the mission with the same altitude. Is this possible? Maybe taking in consideration the m below first waypoint and correcting by hand? But if I change de altitude the altitude from first waypoint does not update in mission hub.

I hope this time is clearer.

Thanks a lot for your time.

In Litchi Mission Hub you can only set waypoint altitudes relative to the takeoff point, as you noted. The altitude setting does list the ground elevation (absolute and relative to takeoff point) to help decide, but you cannot directly set an AGL value.

The mobile apps do allow you to set a constant AGL by selecting all the waypoints, batch editing them, and choosing altitude relative to ground (rather than relative to home).

That is what I thought you were asking but that makes it clearer. The above posts should answer your question.

There is something I am missing then,

Ok I see now what I understood wrong, I thought that the (Xm below first waypoint) was refereeing to the total altitude of the waypoint I see now that is refereeing to the ground elevation.

Thank you very much for the help.

@canislupus,

If you got it ;) In the 30m pictured example, your flight / mission will stay at 30m no matter how much the ground level changes.

This usually causes mission crashes, because the ground level / tree level comes up, but the phantom doesn't. :eek:

Rod

>> if it is possible to set the altitude from the first waypoint and create an exact straight line with no altitude variation from the first waypoint.

> In the 30m pictured example, your flight / mission will stay at 30m no matter how much the ground level changes. This usually causes mission crashes, because the ground level / tree level comes up, but the phantom doesn't. :eek:

For a moment after reading the OP I thought Litchi default had changed from constant altitude to constant ground level (much harder to do reliably).

...I have played with Litchi's constant ground level option and once nearly crashed into trees when not carefully enough double-double checked the elevations...

>> if it is possible to set the altitude from the first waypoint and create an exact straight line with no altitude variation from the first waypoint.

> In the 30m pictured example, your flight / mission will stay at 30m no matter how much the ground level changes. This usually causes mission crashes, because the ground level / tree level comes up, but the phantom doesn't. :eek:

For a moment after reading the OP I thought Litchi default had changed from constant altitude to constant ground level (much harder to do reliably).

...I have played with Litchi's constant ground level option and once nearly crashed into trees when not carefully enough double-double checked the elevations...
You also need to have your waypoints closely spaced enough to make sure you don’t get a hump in terrain in between points.

...your flight / mission will stay at 30m no matter how much the ground level changes.
Rod

Not to beat a dead horse ;-) but to be precise, it will stay at 30m RELATIVE TO TAKEOFF POINT. Sorry for my **** retentiveness. :). But I find it’s essy to get confused unless we fully qualify these altitude references. :)

Reactions: Pharm and RodPad
@bsartist
To clarify any confusion it is always a good clarification. ;)

Rod

My experience has been that all waypoints default to altitude above home point and therefore should be what you want. You can only set relative to ground in the app on your phone or tablet. Not in mission hub.

Having said that, maybe Litchi changed the mission hub recently?

Take a look at a new thread I just started: New Litchi Hub Changes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94