Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

We have already established that for you, and anyone else under CE range, that the mod will regain them stock FCC range, and makes sense.

The channel mod does not increase range, per se. What is does is allow you to use a manual 2.4Ghz channel that is not among the Auto 2.4Ghz channels, and therefore may have less interference on it, allowing you to maintain a good control signal over a longer distance. It would only be of benefit in a hightly congested 2.4Ghz area. In the middle of nowhere, it would make no difference. However, that is the beauty of Auto 5.8Ghz! It is far less used, and has far less interference because the range of 5.8Ghz in other devices is so limited. You cannot select a manual 5.8Ghz channel. The channel hack only works on 2.4Ghz, and I have been told it no longer works on newer firmware on the latest GO 4, but I cannot confirm that. I have it aleady installed from the first GO 4 app, and it is still working for me, but I no longer use it with the P4P.

I'm still surprised with the range you are getting on 5.8ghz as it a well know fact that it doesn't travel and has a shorter distance then 2.4ghz, although I just checked that the FCC 5.8ghz has not been reduced at all and claims to have the same as 2.4ghz for FCC transmission however for CE the 5.8ghz has been further reduced more then the 2.4Ghz

So your saying the channel mod only works if you had already done it. But no longer works for people that would do it now? I always considered it but never went ahead and done it

Man I should have shares in the company!

I wish I was getting a commission I'd be killing it!

Lol but it's not gonna be as big as the cheque your gonna get from these guys selling the windsurfers hahaha

But in all seriousness these guys with the product they offer and the service they provide do deserve the recognition and I will stand by that! If they didn't provide me with such a great experience and product then I can assure you this thread would have never been made.

it's now up to these new guys who are getting it to share their experiences and reviews because I'm old news and these guys will be the ones who speading their experience

Also Gadgetguy

Did you see my post earlier regarding product reviews? I think you and I should consider potentially think of creating a review section possibly in this forum then posting reviews on products, maybe we can find some companies who would send us items for reviews and we could post our results. Also have both of us maybe a third person to give their feedback and review which would give other people who might be interested in that product an indication on what to expect? I think it would be a great idea but it's probably easier said than done right?
The problem is that reviews are always questionable when the merchant asked the reviewer to do the review, either in exchange for keeping the merchandise or getting a discount. There is also no way to know if the merchant sent the reviewer a perfect unit with expensive components, while the merchant sells everyone else a cheap, crappy version. Have you seen the new Amazon reviews where the reviewer discloses that they were sent a free unit for evaluation by the seller, but that in no way inflenced their review? What a load of crap! The only honest reviews that are trustworthy are those where the reviewer bought the product with their own money from the retail channel, like everyone else, where they are beholden to no one except their readers, who expect an honest review.

I'm still surprised with the range you are getting on 5.8ghz as it a well know fact that it doesn't travel and has a shorter distance then 2.4ghz, although I just checked that the FCC 5.8ghz has not been reduced at all and claims to have the same as 2.4ghz for FCC transmission however for CE the 5.8ghz has been further reduced more then the 2.4Ghz

So your saying the channel mod only works if you had already done it. But no longer works for people that would do it now? I always considered it but never went ahead and done it
All I can tell you is that, as counterintuitive as it is, the best range on the P4P, from everyone who has tried it in the U.S., is on Auto 5.8Ghz. FCC docs show the 5.8Ghz under FCC has more power than 2.4Ghz. The reverse is true under CE, which is why, for you, in Australia, under CE, 2.4Ghz amping is the way to go, to get our U.S. FCC Auto 5.8Ghz range.

The channel mod is just copying over a single file into the root directory of the app on your device. It apparently can still be copied over, but it isn't allowing the extra channels to be listed and selected. At least this is what I am being told. I can still see and select them on an older P4 and P4P firmware and older GO 4 app version.

The problem is that reviews are always questionable when the merchant asked the reviewer to do the review, either in exchange for keeping the merchandise or getting a discount. There is also no way to know if the merchant sent the reviewer a perfect unit with expensive components, while the merchant sells everyone else a cheap, crappy version. Have you seen the new Amazon reviews where the reviewer discloses that they were sent a free unit for evaluation by the seller, but that in no way inflenced their review? What a load of crap! The only honest reviews that are trustworthy are those where the reviewer bought the product with their own money from the retail channel, like everyone else, where they are beholden to no one except their readers, who expect an honest review.

Yes I agree and which is why If I was to do it I'd want another person to also conduct the review ie both you and I or even a third, that way there is 2 opinions on the product were genuine. I'd also be telling the companies that products will be given fair reviews and opinions cannot be skewed or changed so they will need to accept that prior to doing so. I didn't consider what you said how they could potentially send you gear fully loaded with top notch expensive components then offer a stripped down version to customers which I didn't consider and definitely would be an issue. This is just food for thought I was thinking about recently since I like to give my opinions on products that I enjoy but your right best reviews come from someone who has forked out the money for a product so they are not biased In their opinions

All I can tell you is that, as counterintuitive as it is, the best range on the P4P, from everyone who has tried it in the U.S., is on Auto 5.8Ghz. FCC docs show the 5.8Ghz under FCC has more power than 2.4Ghz. The reverse is true under CE, which is why, for you, in Australia, under CE, 2.4Ghz amping is the way to go, to get our U.S. FCC Auto 5.8Ghz range.

The channel mod is just copying over a single file into the root directory of the app on your device. It apparently can still be copied over, but it isn't allowing the extra channels to be listed and selected. At least this is what I am being told. I can still see and select them on an older P4 and P4P firmware and older GO 4 app version.

Yes that is the same information I thought to be regarding the channel mod but I wasn't sure, I had come across somewhere saying it was no longer Available but I do remember seeing you saying you still had it, hence the reason for my question

Yes I agree and which is why If I was to do it I'd want another person to also conduct the review ie both you and I or even a third, that way there is 2 opinions on the product were genuine. I'd also be telling the companies that products will be given fair reviews and opinions cannot be skewed or changed so they will need to accept that prior to doing so. I didn't consider what you said how they could potentially send you gear fully loaded with top notch expensive components then offer a stripped down version to customers which I didn't consider and definitely would be an issue. This is just food for thought I was thinking about recently since I like to give my opinions on products that I enjoy but your right best reviews come from someone who has forked out the money for a product so they are not biased In their opinions
Well, the jury is still out on even this product, so lets see how it goes, and what the real world results from others are, who have different standards and expectations, based upon what their prior experience was, without the mod.:cool:

Yes that is the same information I thought to be regarding the channel mod but I wasn't sure, I had come across somewhere saying it was no longer Available but I do remember seeing you saying you still had it, hence the reason for my question
Unfortunately, there was never a way to use Auto with the channel hack, so if you picked a bad channel, or ran into interference on that channel anywhere along your flight, it could be worse than an Auto selection that would hop if it encountered any interference. That's why Auto 5.8Ghz is such a great solution in the U.S.!

Well, the jury is still out on even this product, so lets see how it goes, and what the real world results from others are, who have different standards and expectations, based upon what their prior experience was, without the mod.:cool:

I have no doubt in the products performance through my own experiences, which is why I am so interested in what the others opinions are.

Watch this space over the next few days!

But even so, others have now also made communication with the guys from the company and they are posting how great service they offer which was the same start to my whole experience, so I'm sure they will be happy from start to finish.

I have no doubt in the products performance through my own experiences, which is why I am so interested in what the others opinions are.

Watch this space over the next few days!

But even so, others have now also made communication with the guys from the company and they are posting how great service they offer which was the same start to my whole experience, so I'm sure they will be happy from start to finish.
There is an old adage that says you can get any two of the three of good service, low price, and high quality. If you think you are getting all three, beware! They don't go together. DJI sacrifices service to keep prices down, and offers the best value for the money. The best surgeons have the worst bedside manner. Good service is one component of the triangle. A scammer will always be at your beck and call, until they disappear with your money. Not saying anything about the guys at Triton, but responsiveness alone doesn't make their product outperform the competition. The doctor with the great bedside manner developed it to cover up for lack of skill, so they wouldn't get sued! Let's let our chickens hatch and see what kind of roosters they turn into! :cool:

There is an old adage that says you can get any two of the three of good service, low price, and high quality. If you think you are getting all three, beware! They don't go together. DJI sacrifices service to keep prices down, and offers the best value for the money. The best surgeons have the worst bedside manner. Good service is one component of the triangle. A scammer will always be at your beck and call, until they disappear with your money. Not saying anything about the guys at Triton, but responsiveness alone doesn't make their product outperform the competition. The doctor with the great bedside manner developed it to cover up for lack of skill, so they wouldn't get sued! Let's let our chickens hatch and see what kind of roosters they turn into! :cool:

I do agree with it but also it there is always an exception to the rule then again it wasn't the trifecta they did/do provide the great service and their product is/does perform great however the price I wouldn't consider cheap but I'd call it fairly priced. Speaking of price this was something for me that I didn't want to spend this sort of money on something I wasn't sure about which is why I done a ton of investigating before choosing to head down the conquer path, let me put this in perspective for you. In Australia I had to find the best range extender that can offer me the most, no just great range but a complete package for a few reasons
1) most likely I'd have to purchase the item from the usa which would mean I'm paying more in terms of the conversion rate
2) I'd have to pay quite a hefty shipping fee to get it into Australia
3) I'd have to make sure this would be a purchase I wouldn't regret as it would simply put me out of pocket too much if I was to make the wrong decision

Now the conquer was the last of the range extenders that I came across I considered all the big names like maxxuav and fpvlr I done extensive research into them but felt there were to many differences in opinions then I also looked at a few other and even cheaper ones but still I wasn't satisfied but initially I would have ended up with either maxxuav or fpvlr I also did not want to drill holes or even open up the controller but knew I would have to if I wanted something that would perform to my standards then I came across a review from a well known and respected admin in a large Facebook group. I had asked him a few questions regarding the product in which he said really great things about but I also couldn't make my decision based of 1 review because as we also discussed how was I to know whether his influence was biased towards the company. So after I had saw the reviews I asked around on the same group for people who also had it, at the start no one but then not long after people were also posting pics of their new "conquer" which I then proceeded to get their views and opinions on and after a good month even longer of investigating I probably came across a total of 5 people all of which said great things and they were all very pleased with the product, although I could not get a definitive range increase I terms of distance I was assured that the range was dramatically increased. Then I also went to consider pros and cons for the products that I was considering and there were very few cons of any with the conquer my only con would be how much it would cost me to get to my doorstep after the price of the unit and cost of shipping then I had to take into account the conversion rate it cost me around $550+ Australian dollars a lot more then I wanted to spend however there was so many pros to list on this that I couldn't have not considered the pros being - the performance based on others opinions, the fact the controller will still fit in original casing when the conquer panel was detached, the flexibility with being able to add the whip antennas ,the added penetration it offers was also a big selling point for me,the product design was easily the best looking and neatest currently out, the customer service they offer and the list goes on but I can confidently say that I'm 100% sure I made the right choice and the best purchase I have made for my p4p and I have made quite a few good choices and my p4p is looking to be a very unique and great setup.

I'll be honest this whole Conquer conversation has taken a lot of my time and I'm not getting anything in return other then hoping to provide others with the same great experience, which I'd feel very let down if they were not happy and purchased this based on my recommendation. I probably won't ever go into this much depth and talk up a product like I have with this as it leaves a lot on my shoulders if the product didn't live up to the expectations. But I am confident it will which is why I have kept on answering and assisting in helping people decide what in my opinion is easily the best range extender currently on the market

In this case they have provided great service and a great product and I have still had some questions after making my purchase and they have still helped to assist in anyway they can. Like u said and I can't say it didn't cross my mind, that most companies will lure you in to make the purchase then bang they have your money see ya later but this wasn't the case with them.

Like you said let our little eggs hatch and we'll see what roosters will hatch. But I am very confident in this product and it has exceeded my expectations otherwise I wouldn't have given such a strong and detailed review

So, @Cody8771, you are buying this for the P4P without having first tried the Auto 5.8Ghz FCC setting in the U.S.? Auto 5.8Ghz on FCC already delivers 4+ miles. Unless you also have a battery mod for the P4P ($250), any additional potential hypothetical range beyond the stock 4.3 miles will be wasted. This mod is designed for the P4 worldwide, and the P4P in CE countries only. If you are in the U.S., flying a P4P, you will get no benefit from it, unless you already have a P4P battery mod, and the benefit beyond 7km has yet to be established.:cool:
I have been using the auto 5.8Ghz band since I've gotten the drone and yes while range is fine, penetration of the signal in my area has more to be desired. Im not concerned with range as I rarely fly incredibly far, as I've stated I'm more concerned with penetration of the signal. You are not able to convince me that the auto 5.8Ghz channel has better penetration around and through obstacles than this boosted setup. I have read your posts about the auto 5.8Ghz repeatedly throughout this forum and I get it.

I have been using the auto 5.8Ghz band since I've gotten the drone and yes while range is fine, penetration of the signal in my area has more to be desired. Im not concerned with range as I rarely fly incredibly far, as I've stated I'm more concerned with penetration of the signal. You are not able to convince me that the auto 5.8Ghz channel has better penetration around and through obstacles than this boosted setup. I have read your posts about the auto 5.8Ghz repeatedly throughout this forum and I get it.

I don't deny that he is getting the results he is saying. However I also tried auto 5.8ghz with only very little results, it did provide better live feed in clustered areas however I notice the range was reduced.

I too was very interested in the penetration factor this had to offer as long range was the initial starting point in considering a range extender, However penetration was of more importance since I'd be flying in clustered areas more then I'd be flying straight long distances

Here is an example of my results and the one that I have performed on several occasions, not really a test but just my observation from flying in my backyard I before the modification was getting a maximum 800m in both frequencies and I mean maximum as I only achieved this distance on one occasion however once I had the conquer I was getting distances of over 2600m quite comfortably that 3 x the range and in heavy areas where wifi, trees and plenty of houses. This is also in the backyard of my house sitting on a table under an awning and with a tree directly between myself and the p4p. so I'd consider that a great result mind you I wasn't standing up or focusing the controller to point directly at the p4p I was just sitting there. I'm have got further on several occasions but I'm easy getting to the 2600m range. I know it's gonna vary differently for each person depending on to many factors to list but it gave me a good indication that the penetration was much greater then stock

There is a big difference between the FCC and the CE specs for the P4P. Most importantly, under CE, the 2.4 Ghz band is stronger than the 5.8Ghz band, while under FCC, it is reversed. Amplifying the 2.4Ghz band makes imminent sense in CE areas. In all cases, the best performance of 2.4 and 5.8 will be with clear LOS. With intervening obstructions, results will be always adversely affected, and it will be impossible to make relevent comparisons, among different users, because the obstructions will be at different locations and different heights and composed of different material. All my results are based upon clear LOS at the farthest range. Close in, directionality is less important than at extreme distance. At close range, signal can even be bounced around and between obstructions to maintain obstructed sight signal control. 2.4Ghz does penetrate obstructions better than 5.8Ghz, so if obstructions are your problem, rather than wifi interference, amplifying 2.4Ghz may be a better choice. The only downside to an all in one component install with boosters is that if any component goes bad, the entire unit must be replaced, and you cannot try the lighter, unboosted setup first. A $120 DBS-02 antenna weighs next to nothing, and is all most ever need for their P4 or P3P. Only those seeking more range add the boosters and the heavy booster battery to their setup. As long as everyone is happy, I'm happy. Just wait until the U.S. P4P results with the Conquer are in. MaxxRange is currently testing extended P4P antennas, designed specifically for the P4P, rather than the P4. Waiting is probably advised, unless you are impatient. The stock P4P is all the owner of MaxxRange himself needs, like myself, here in the U.S., using Auto 5.8Ghz! He, too, realizes that the P4P makes antenna mods unnecessary for most P4P owners. What's not to like about a 4+ mile stock control range? :cool:

Amazing kit that arrived to me today. So professionally well done. Here are some photos! Will be doing the mod tomorrow as tonight was a late night for me! Can't say enough about the owner. Amazing to work with.
73fbcd26507ed5777272c4c7a07c5b7a.jpg
711289dc43681da40a6206847b90bd39.jpg
4a921dea778f64a49768ebcc0d573653.jpg

Reactions: On_Bail_Cuz
Amazing kit that arrived to me today. So professionally well done. Here are some photos! Will be doing the mod tomorrow as tonight was a late night for me! Can't say enough about the owner. Amazing to work with.
73fbcd26507ed5777272c4c7a07c5b7a.jpg
711289dc43681da40a6206847b90bd39.jpg
4a921dea778f64a49768ebcc0d573653.jpg
Eager to see if the mod delivers the improved penetration below tree level, close in, that you are seeking for your P4P! Just might work for you! From the money you saved when you bought your P4P, you can afford to experiment. Worst case, you buy another P4P remote to use with Auto 5.8Ghz, and dedicate the modded remote to 2.4Ghz. What range were you getting with Auto 5.8Ghz above the tree level, before the mod?

Eager to see if the mod delivers the improved penetration below tree level, close in, that you are seeking for your P4P! Just might work for you! From the money you saved when you bought your P4P, you can afford to experiment. Worst case, you buy another P4P remote to use with Auto 5.8Ghz, and dedicate the modded remote to 2.4Ghz. What range were you getting with Auto 5.8Ghz above the tree level, before the mod?
What's awesome is that talking to the owner, they are about to release dual band whips that he sent out for me today. They will be going on the website shortly. That way, when I want to not use the whole booster, I can swap to the dual band whips and still use the auto 5.8Ghz when I don't need the added boost. Best of both worlds. I'm syked to do the mod. Can't wait to see the results plowing through some of our fields checking on crops and such!

Sorry, missed your question! I don't even fly very far range, only been out 2.5 miles max with it. That was even a little nerve racking for me. I have some hilly terrain and unfortunately the highest of hills that I'd like to pilot from are dense forest. That's why this mod was important to me. When I'd get below 200ft altitude, I'd have pretty bad drop out. However when high enough, auto 5.8Ghz was more than capable enough!

What's awesome is that talking to the owner, they are about to release dual band whips that he sent out for me today. They will be going on the website shortly. That way, when I want to not use the whole booster, I can swap to the dual band whips and still use the auto 5.8Ghz when I don't need the added boost. Best of both worlds. I'm syked to do the mod. Can't wait to see the results plowing through some of our fields checking on crops and such!

Great news man, I like the blue LEDs also. That's also good that u got the duel frequency whips which answers my question wether mine would serve under both frequencies the answer being no since as you say they are a new release which in your case is great he has sent them out to you already and they haven't listed them online yet, I will have to look into their new whips as they do provide better then the stock antennas and would be handy to have. i like the fact the little things they do to make it all that better like the pre flight check list (which is handy to keep for reference), rubber grips the addition conquer sticker although they are minor things it's those little things that show how much dedication goes into their package

So far so good! I'm looking forward to hearing your progress man! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

By the way, I inquired about overall battery life. I was told that the manufacturer claimed 3000 cycles however Titan is thinking more like 1500 to be safe. The battery is replaceable but I am not sure at what cost.

By the way, I inquired about overall battery life. I was told that the manufacturer claimed 3000 cycles however Titan is thinking more like 1500 to be safe. The battery is replaceable but I am not sure at what cost.
I am sure with the assembly of the antenna which doesn't look terribly complex, they would sell you just the battery relatively reasonably for an install yourself. Doesn't seem too difficult maybe a little soldering.

Reactions: WWK888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus