connecting goggles to P4P V2.0

Reaction score
Looking at the DJI web site, I'm seeing some conflicting info. One area shows connecting wireless to the P4P and another area shows only a USB connection is possible. I think the wireless is only possible with the P4P V2.0 but I can't confirm. Anyone know for sure, thanks.....Ken.

got it, thanks.

Although some operations might not work and an extra person would be needed for spotting, can a P4Pv2.0 be flown with just the goggles, controller but no smart phone or tablet attached to the controller?

P4PV2 will connect/link wirelessly to both the standard white goggles and the race edition black goggles. Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advance or Phantom 4 Pro (V1) you'll need to use the USB cable.

Back to P4PV2 and goggles:

The standard goggles will lock your operating frequency to 2.4GHz only while the RE goggles will allow you to operate in both the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequencies (wirelessly).

If you want to re-enable the 5.8 band after you linked your white goggles; You'll have to re-link the radio. This will, in turn, disable your goggles from working wirelessly.

If you want to fly in both bands and still use the white goggles, you'll have to use the main USB port on the radio and a cable. However, this is further complicated if your radio doesn't have the built-in screen because first you'll have to take off using the DJI GO4 app (on your phone/device) to unlock the drones 30m restriction, than once it's airborne, you'll have to disconnect your GO4 device, and connect the goggles - pain in the a**. Oh, and lastly, gimbal head tracking does not work on the P4PV2 while the goggles are physically connected using a USB cable (probably a bug - worked on the P4 just fine [before I sold it]), video feed (liveview) works otherwise. Oh and a micro-usb dongle to connect your goggles to the micro-usb slot on the radio doesn't work.

Yes, I've done a lot of testing.

In conclusion, if you bought a P4PV2 and are considering buying the goggles get the REs otherwise you'll be stuck in the single 2.4G band (which is still good, but limits your options when flying in areas with a lot of noise in the 2.4G band).

Last edited:
got it, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72