Connecticut Could Be First State to Allow Armed Police Drones

I can just see it now (theoretically, that is): The police launch a drone which is equipped with some kind of firearm, as well as with a hi-def camera (zoom lens, of course), and...... facial-recognition software. Said drone flies around over the city, then spots a "suspect", checks him/her against a database of known criminals, finds out the perp is wanted, then fires away with a tranquilizer round. It then notifies the ground troops as to where the perp is. The "perp" turns out to be a close look-alike to the real criminal.... and, to top things off, the individual succumbs to the tranquilizer's concoction. .

Can you say "Hello lawsuit?"

He probably ran across the article and felt it could be concerning to members here. Posting the link provides a way for others to become aware of it and voice their concerns if they choose. I've got to tell you, I'm not real thrilled about the idea, we all know how often drones go down, what if they lose one with a weapon on it and some questionable person gets a hold of it.

Sorry my bad, I didn't realize there was a link... I was using my phone to view this thread and I just thought it was a statement, my apologies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen