Confusing dji article

Thanks msinger I was hoping somebody would do that ,do you know what the procedure will be for Android devices also

So far all my dji kit has been secondhand however any day now I'm to receive my brand new p3p please tell me what to do to protect it from all of this ,anyone ,please !?!

I disagree. I see no reason why a user of the NAS should expect anonymity in any of those situations.
The reasons outlined are pretty obvious but if you can't see them then OK I guess. Moot anyway as DJI has said that the concept is only a white paper at this point and isn't being implemented with the upcoming change.

1. Perhaps it is and perhaps it can be used to setup a network of listening stations to monitor drone traffic. To you no big deal until that day you're flying 400ft and run over a strong updraft which throws you up to 425ft. How you're in violation and your transponder just ratted you out and a week later a ticket shows up in the mail from the FAA. People make mistakes and people act with malicious intent we have to be careful not to punish someone that just made the honest mistake. If that means letting a few mischievous types fly regularly over 400 feet who gives a flip.

2. There could be any number of reasons. They could just feel like being contrary that day the point you're missing is that they have the power with this upcoming update to make a whole area a NFZ regardless of your rights as an owner. Read the article I linked, its as much about ownership as it is the repair. When I parted with my hard earned money for a flying camera, it belongs to me does it not?

Yes - I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of hypothetical scenarios where the rules are accidentally broken. But that's not how ADS-B works - the FAA doesn't record all aircraft movements and sift through them looking for minor infractions, or use an automated system to send out tickets, and so why would they here, even if they had the manpower.

You still own your aircraft, even if it is fitted with ADS-B.

I don't know why DJI doesn't just simply jump the gun so to speak and install firmware that would automatically force the drone to descend to say 25 ft. off the ground if it came within a certain distance of any aircraft. Then, after the aircraft was a certain distance away, the pilot would be able to resume whatever he or she was doing.

To my way of thinking, this would alleviate all of the worries of colliding with private or commercial aircraft.

It couldn't be that difficult to do could it?

Bud

The problem, currently, would be detecting the othe aircraft. Even if the drone had ADS-B in, not all aircraft have ADS-B transponders.

The reasons outlined are pretty obvious but if you can't see them then OK I guess. Moot anyway as DJI has said that the concept is only a white paper at this point and isn't being implemented with the upcoming change.

I can see all kinds of reasons, including those listed, where people might want to remain anonymous and undetected. However, when flying around in public airspace I'm afraid I don't think that's a reasonable expectation - about as reasonable as objecting to putting a license plate on your vehicle.

I asked dji support outright to clarify everything everyone is asking. As you can imagine I did not get a straight answer but I did revive this.

Lloyd E (DJI)

5月24日 CST02:57

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

To address your concern, the update is not really restricting users from flying but rather, It is for the upcoming update for the DJI Go app 4.

All customers will need to log into their DJI GO accounts again to complete the application activation process, or else aircraft performance will be limited. To ensure you can use the new DJI GO 4 and DJI GO apps, make sure you stay connected to the Internet after updating and complete the login process.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via

So far all my dji kit has been secondhand however any day now I'm to receive my brand new p3p please tell me what to do to protect it from all of this ,anyone ,please !?!

Understand that a fair amount of "information" in this thread is panicked conjecture written by people who literally have no idea what they are talking about. People have a tendency to be sheep.

You can disable auto-updates for Go in the Play store on your device (easily Googled).

Understand that a fair amount of "information" in this thread is panicked conjecture written by people who literally have no idea what they are talking about. People have a tendency to be sheep.
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid

It's not paranoia if they really are watching you ! And we all know they are ! Don't we Mr Snowden ;0)

Paranoia did start when i was kicked from FB because complaint against DJI make forced updates on the app.....

For instance....

Reactions: Drusha
So I guess they are saying that we aren't currently using the correct geospatial information and flight functions now.

I hope this doesn't turn into the wrong homepoint "crisis" from earlier in the year - which never happened according to DJI. Or the Here maps "debacle" earlier this year.

Of course I trust DJI to think of their customers first and only do right by them.

(That last statement was sarcasm in case anyone missed it)

Reactions: Drusha
I love the fact a Chinese manufacturer gets to tell me after I purchased a product made by them .
What I can or cannot do , and then removes those features I bought it for if I don't play the way they want me to do .
W.t.f. ,
That should be down to me ,and I am accountable for it .
And the individual country I'm in to impose those rules .
If my Yamaha r1 tomorrow turned into a moped it would be parked ,hacked ,then I'd speed just to piss them off !
How dare they tell me after I purchased it what I can or cannot do .
Bwig Bwuvva no thank you .
If it was so before I purchased it then I can decide to buy or not . Now I don't have a choice , don't like people restricting my freedoms ,that's why my ancestors went to war . and I served .
not to have some Commy Countries manufacturer play with my rights.

Reactions: Mier

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak