Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Compass wire loose

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by Gotcher6, May 8, 2014.

1. Gotcher6

My phantom vision 2 took a little tumble today. It was a hard enough jolt to knock the camera off and break one of my props. While reattaching the camera, I saw that one of the five wires that come out of the drone and plug into the compass had come out of the it's plug. I slid the wire back into the plug, but there's really nothing holding it in place. So I secured it with a piece of electricial tape just so I could power up and make sure the compass was getting power and would recal. Everything works fine, but I'm not gonna fly with just a bit of tape holding this compass wire in place.

My questions are:
    If I put a drop of solder on the wire, will it damage/melt the plastic plug?
    Can I order a new compass wire?
    If so, how difficult is opening up the drone and hooking up the new wire?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. OI Photography

Replacing the compass and wire is cheap and easy...$15 or so at most vendors (I'm not aware of the cable being available without the compass), and just a few quick seconds of work once the shell is open to unplug the old cable and plug in the new one.

3. Gotcher6

Thanks for the info. I thought they'd be more expensive. I ordered one yesterday.