compass mod value. should it be stable or fluctuating?

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen.

I got my mod fluctuating between 1490-1510, is that a sign of something i should worry about?
shouldn't it be a constant number ?

my old p3p had the same fluctuations while static on ground..

another question . should i do an imu calibration on a brand new bird?

Thanks

Yes on the calibration! I have never seen a fluctuation on a stationary bird. Looking at the math that produces that MOD value... it should NOT change unless some outside force is changing it.

Fluctuating 20 points is usual and not a problem. No need to do an IMU calibration unless there is an indication of a problem.

Fluctuating 20 points is usual and not a problem. No need to do an IMU calibration unless there is an indication of a problem.
Its a NEW bird.. are you trying to cause problems for people? It absolutely DOES need calibrated since its been beat to hell flying across the pond, and was last calibrated in CHINA!

if it's brand new bird then always good to do compass, IMU calibration and gimbal right after, also do a IMU calibration as cold as you can, it help to cut down your bird warning up time later on.

thanks guys for your help..

the thing is there are no problems whatsoever with the bird, i'm afraid that once i recalibrate it will start throwing off errors and stability problems/ horizon issues just like the old one...

maybe cuz i was using my iphone to get a perfect level, cloning the phone imu to bird imu...

thanks guys for your help..

the thing is there are no problems whatsoever with the bird, i'm afraid that once i recalibrate it will start throwing off errors and stability problems/ horizon issues just like the old one...

maybe cuz i was using my iphone to get a perfect level, cloning the phone imu to bird imu...

sounds like the "old school" saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

There is wisdom here !

There is also a value to common sense and following instructions. The book clearly says to do a calibrations. Don't follow directions... it flies fine in your eyes. Don't come back here crying when its in a million pieces. Because if you do, and happen to also mention that DJI laughed too..... Well, you can imagine the result.

got all done...

now the altitude is way offffffff... after landing of a15 mins flight.. it reads 15 meters and zeros back again...

thats not very cool

got all done...

now the altitude is way offffffff... after landing of a15 mins flight.. it reads 15 meters and zeros back again...

thats not very cool
Then you have some issues that need resolved!! If your altitude variations are that scatter-brained then it will very likely screw with every aspect of flying. Unless you are talking about VPS altitude. Maybe turn off VPS and see if you have the same strange variations. But be aware, she wont be quite as stable under 10 ft!

Then you have some issues that need resolved!! If your altitude variations are that scatter-brained then it will very likely screw with every aspect of flying. Unless you are talking about VPS altitude. Maybe turn off VPS and see if you have the same strange variations. But be aware, she wont be quite as stable under 10 ft!

thanks man..

i turned vps off and didnt change anything....

when i lift up on auto take off and leave it it will descend down to 20 cm right away,,, but when i take her say 20 meters she stays up there like a rock and doesn't lose altitude ...

is there a way to recalibrate the altimeter ?

mr young...

do u have A solution ?

Yup, If if the compass mod id where you said it is then it is not broken. I would be perfectly fine flying with the numbers in your OP. Always cautious but those look fine, fly and have fun.

Yup, If if the compass mod id where you said it is then it is not broken. I would be perfectly fine flying with the numbers in your OP. Always cautious but those look fine, fly and have fun.

i am sooo fine now with the mod values even if they were jumping in hundreds,,

what concerns me is the altimeter issue ? do u know how to zero it?

So I just took my P3 out on the porchand turned it on, Compass mod values are between 1515 an 1540. I am fine with that.

So where do you find the altimeter at?

re.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl