Compass error, recalibration failed, stuck in Atti mode.

L

larrym

I bought a Phantom 3 pro about a week ago, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. It's an amazing machine. Recently, however, I've been having more and more trouble with the DJI GO app.

Today, for example, as I moved around to different flight areas, it gave me intermittent "disconnected" errors. Also, that the compass needed recalibrating. The first half of that goes fine, after the second part I get an error saying there is too much interference. Wifi is off on my device. Now I get an error message under firmware updates that says: "compass error. if it doesn't disappear after restart contact customer service."

It seems to me these error messages started happening after I did a firmware update a few days ago. Is there a way to revert to the previous version to test that theory out?

One last thing, My screen is so dark using the app. I have no idea how anyone can fly fpv when the screen is that dark. I have tried two different devices, but no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

Hello
You can go back by 1 firmware on your craft, just download the proper firmware from dji.com, unzip the file, and move the firmware BIN file to SD card, then insert card into camera and turn on drone, will load automatically.

For the TX, in the opening screen on the app ( top right you'll see a tiny box like symbol, press and hold that symbol, will open a downgrade screen, you can revert the TX from there.

As for the app,
Here is a video I did a few years old now, and not sure if it still works? But here you go

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

Regarding your dark screen....it sounds as if you may have the EV value set to a minus figure. Check on the main screen where the camera settings show...if the figure next to EV shows a negative value, you can adjust it by turning the wheel on the top right of the controller.

Hello
You can go back by 1 firmware on your craft, just download the proper firmware from dji.com, unzip the file, and move the firmware BIN file to SD card, then insert card into camera and turn on drone, will load automatically.

For the TX, in the opening screen on the app ( top right you'll see a tiny box like symbol, press and hold that symbol, will open a downgrade screen, you can revert the TX from there.

As for the app,
Here is a video I did a few years old now, and not sure if it still works? But here you go

Hope this helps
J Dot

Vid still works! Thanks!

Regarding your dark screen....it sounds as if you may have the EV value set to a minus figure. Check on the main screen where the camera settings show...if the figure next to EV shows a negative value, you can adjust it by turning the wheel on the top right of the controller.

Yes the EV is set to minus 2. I will correct, and thank you!

The EV setting did the trick, but the firmware downgrade not so much:

"The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version"

Can you post your current firmwares?

Tx firmware version
And
A/c firmware version ( air craft )

This may help!

J Dot

When I go into "about" both say "unknown". Is there another place to view the versions?

I can tell you though that the helio should have 1.10.90 as I just updated it to that last week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor