Compass Damage?

Reaction score
So, I crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced and now the gimbal makes the normal sounds that it makes when it's moving, but doesn't move. The sound repeats as long as the power is on. On the screen on my phone it tells me that there is a compass error and to calibrate. All attempts to calibrate by spinning the drone around according to the on screen instructions have failed. Does anyone know what will fix this? TIA

So, I crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced and now the gimbal makes the normal sounds that it makes when it's moving, but doesn't move. The sound repeats as long as the power is on. On the screen on my phone it tells me that there is a compass error and to calibrate. All attempts to calibrate by spinning the drone around according to the on screen instructions have failed. Does anyone know what will fix this? TIA
A broken or disconnected compass cable is likely.
Go to the sensors page in the settings and check what is showing for the compass.
If it shows zero, the compass is disconnected or the cable is broken near the bottom of the landing gear.

I figured out what the compass problem is. The one next to it is very loose also. Can it be re-soldered or do I need a new circuit board?

Attachments

• IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    625.8 KB · Views: 512
I have exactly the same issue following a crash, compass connector ripped-off from the ESC board. See my posting Advanced - Broken Compass Connector
I found someone locally that repairs cell phones, so is used to solder under microscope, but he asked me to provide him a new mother connector for the compass. See in the above link the P/N for such a connector.
Tell us how it goes, if you choose the repair-way rather than the ESC board replacement.

I have exactly the same issue following a crash, compass connector ripped-off from the ESC board. See my posting Advanced - Broken Compass Connector
I found someone locally that repairs cell phones, so is used to solder under microscope, but he asked me to provide him a new mother connector for the compass. See in the above link the P/N for such a connector.
Tell us how it goes, if you choose the repair-way rather than the ESC board replacement.
Thanks for your post! I ended up ordering a new circuit board, which should arrive on the 11th. In the meantime I also tried to solder the thing back together (it's so tiny, I ground the soldering iron tip down to a fine point to get it in there), to no avail. I'll keep the old one around for parts, I guess. Thanks again for your response. I hope everything worked out ok with yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.