Compass and GPS Problem

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I got a bit keen the other day and clipped a tree. The phantom 2 came crashing down through the branches from about 30 feet.
I guess thats what I get for flying around a church and graveyard near sundown. :(

At first glance the gimbal mount was bent and the props were broken. All that is now fixed and the H3-2D gimbal works fine. The Phantom flew OK but I am not getting any GPS signal.

Back on the assistant software 3.0 I get Abnormal Compass data error and the GPS does not register on the upgrade page. I also get 0 satellites registered on the OSD downlink.

I have popped the top of and not found any loose connections. I pulled them all off/on to be sure.

I suspect I may have a board problem rather than both the compass and GPS failing together

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hi Scooter,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried to recalibrate but it will not let me enter the re calibration mode.

In naza M mode it simply flashes yellow like it is in Atti Mode regardless of the position of the GPS/ATTI switch.

When in Phantom mode the lights are solid red which says in the manual "errors and aircraft can not fly". That does not look so good!

However it does fly. Without GPS I did not fly it too long and can not really comment on if the compass was working properly of not.

Thanks.

Thanks anyway for the advice.
Yes, I am well aware of the fly away potential. This is why I only flew it briefly close by to see if everything was running OK.

Just to update, I changed the central control board and that fixed the problem.
In fact I hit some trees again a few weeks later and got exactly the same symptoms.
I changed the board again and once again it was fixed.

I have not been near trees for a few months now and it has been flying fine.

Thanks for all the input

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl