Commercial Drone Use

Reaction score
I was speaking with a friend of mine who does have a Pilots License and he said that a Pilots License is no longer needed to get a FAA333 exemption. Any truth to that?

It was never required to get a 333 exemption. It has always been required in order to use an approved 333 exemption though.

In all approved 333 exemptions, there is a requirement that states the person flying the aircraft must have a pilot license. You are not required to have a pilot license in order to apply for and/or get an approved 333 exemption though.

In all approved 333 exemptions, there is a requirement that states the person flying the aircraft must have a pilot license. You are not required to have a pilot license in order to apply for and/or get an approved 333 exemption though.
OK, so it still remains I cannot make money with a drone without a pilots license.

Well, you could hire a pilot who is also trained to fly a P4.

I guess it depends on your line of business. Many people who wish to follow US laws are doing just that today.

333's may be held by non-human entities such as Corporations as well.

Hopefully 107 is passed soon.
A the rate the FAA is going, I will be thoroughly impressed if we see this by 2018.

Reactions: Meta4
I just completed 4 days of ground school training in UAV operation by an instructor with 25 years aviation experience and I learned that with an approved SFOC in Canada I can get a 333 in the US and that works the other way too. Just thought I'd share that fact, might be useful to someone.

Reactions: MichaelS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl