Combine the Pro Bundles at Best Buy (or anywhere that is willing to)

Reaction score
I will try and make this concise as I can. If I make it too long winded, I apologize in advance. My only goal here is to let people know, again, something I did that MAY help you do it too and MAY be something you think is smart, stupid, pointless, ingenious, incredibly stupid, whatever. I am just letting you know, they did it for me, I think it was a good deal and if you are in a similar position as me (rare) that you might take advantage of it.

As most of you know, DJI lowered all of their selling points, to start clearing out inventories in light of their announcement which will slow down sales for people that want to jump in at the price point of the Phantom 4 Tomato or whatever they will call it which is aparently $1700 (and who knows if that doesn't include add ons like Guidance). If someone knows, do tell.

I own a business where I can't own too many drones/UAVs/UASs unless business slows down, and business is booming. So I am always on the look out on craigslist and general sales and stuff and usually will post them if they are not going to go away by everyone doing it or not caring if they do which is the case here. I've finally bought my last Phantom 3 and here is how I did it.

So like everyone else, Best Buy is selling their Professionals at $999 but they also have a couple specials like everyone else.

They have a bundle with the $150 DJI hard case which the pro for $1049 (so $49 for the $150 case essentially) and the bundle they are offering on the DJI website ($1079) which is essentially a Pro with an extra battery for $79 instead of $150.

The general manager of the store (and mind you he knows how much I spend there), OKd the combination of the two bundles and gave me the bird for 999 price, $40 for the case and $70 for the battery.

Great price for a new Pro with a case and battery even knowing the 4 is coming.

Okay. I realize I could have made this about 9 sentences or less.

I will work on it.

If you are going to buy a Pro, do it this way, if you want the case.

Essentially you are saving $100 on the case and $75 on the battery. Also, to save on the tax, if you own a business, just tell them you want the "post-production tax" and they will charge you 3.5 instead of 9 or 10 or whichever it is which is fairly significant at around $1000 and more.

[ADMIN EDIT: NO SELLING OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSIFIEDS]

As a caution, MAKE SURE you are getting the ones with the right motors. The one with the flat the ####E vs whatever the old one is and the picture is on the box, you don't need to open it but the first one they gave me was an OLD one. I had to fix it AFTER I got home and realized it.

I even opened it to make sure it was indeed the wrong one and it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I'm selling a bunch of brand new batteries for cheaper than retail. PM if you want one.
Thanks for the tips. FYI, there is a classified section here for selling non-commercial products. You'll probably have better luck there than randomly mentioning this in posts.

Ok...........PM sent. :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl