Color Blind Pilot

Reaction score
Got a good one for you... I, along with 12% of all males have some degree of color blindness.
Mine is generically called red-green color deficiency: the most common.
Here is an example... When upgrading code on a P3, the LED indicator shows either RED or GREEN depending on the success of the action.
In my case, such a small light is very hard to tell if it is RED or GREEN. I think I know which color is showing but I seriously have to ask my wife to validate. What I wish DJI would do is to do variate between red/green and maybe BLUE and GREEN.
Or, they could flash sequences of one flash for 'good' and three flashes for 'bad'.
I know this seems trivial to most of you but this might prevent 12% of us from a dangerous situation.
The FAA takes this seriously in that I had to prove I could differentiate signal light colors to the airport tower during my private pilot night check ride (and no, it's not between red and green).
Thanks, this is a great forum!

I know some really good suggestions and workarounds were brought up in the p2v or p2v+ threads a year or 2 ago.
If you can find them I know it would help you a lot.

No problem. I'm sure there are loads more on other forums. Just Google "Dji Phantom 2 color blind" and I'm sure you'll find heaps more. I say phantom 2 as there will be many more threads and they would be the exact same as the p3.

Reactions: Fplvert
Red-green deficient here, checking in. When I moved from MI to CA I got dropped from the gifted and talented classes because I couldn't distinguish colored patterns on the test.

Anyways, because it is an x linked gene, prevalence is much higher in males therefore I expect disproportionately higher in the RC industry.

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl