Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Circular Polarizer Filter

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Youngbill, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Youngbill

Maybe I'm missing something but my new Polar Pro Circular Polarizer Filter does not rotate. All Circular Polarizers I have used on my film cameras rotate so you can set the polarization (How strong the affect looks). What am I missing?

Thanks.

marciano likes this.
  2. wat17

Does anyone know if this is the same with the Snake River CP filters?

3. timmer

I have the SRP CP-8, I have not used it yet in flight but I tested in my kitchen.

My thoughts are to get some "white out" and put a mark on the outside where the effect is the lightest.

I know this doesn't help with the Polar Pro as it screws on, but with the SRP you can adjust it buy how you slip it on the lens.

acherman likes this.
  4. marciano

I also have my new polar pro filters and I don't realize why the polarizer cannot be rotated after it has been tighted to the camera.
    The main difference between it and ND filters is that it filters the light waves letting pass only those that are in a plane. Rotating the filter, that plane also rotates and the reflexions (glass, iron, water, leaves) are controlled to your taste. Also the sky blue intensity can be adjusted in some parts of of the sky. I cannot imagine letting the fillter loose just to get the right angle.

5. BillH

I am still wondering how they expect you to use a polarizer when the Circular Polarizer needs to be adjusted after every angle change. That's how they're designed to work. A slight change in angle and everything changes, and you have to adjust the rotation again. What works for one shot may not work for another. I'm going to use the ND-4 until someone comes up with a logical answer to this ... LOL

6. hjklaassen

I won't buy one of the adjustable filters for just that reason. It's fine for my DSLR, but I'm not sure how to adjust it when my Phantom is 30 meters in the air......