Cinematography - It's a cruel mistress

Prylar Bek said:
Was not directed at you. It was just a general rant. People don't want to put the 'sweat equity' to earn titles. They figure they can get a camera, shoot some crap and give them selves a name, form a company and off they go!

Ok... just checking. But again, I completely agree with you. Cinematography is absolutely an art - and something that takes years to hone. In the same vain, everyone with a camera thinks that they're a photographer.

Aha. The diff is 'photographer' can mean many things, "cinematographer' only means one thing...at least to me. Someone who has shot a MP or TV show and knows what they are doing with the tools they have at their disposal.

Prylar Bek said:
Aha. The diff is 'photographer' can mean many things, "cinematographer' only means one thing...at least to me. Someone who has shot a MP or TV show and knows what they are doing with the tools they have at their disposal.

Well, I'm qualified then. :cool:

LandYachtMedia said:
This isn't my video but one that I think everyone can benefit from checking out. This is a great example of quality editing and varying shots (including plenty of drone shots). Its well worth a few minutes of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA

Fantastic video! So much to like on the videography side and what an incredible rider. Thanks for posting this one.

WOW Beautifully done, great shooting and great editing! Really. The guy is a sick rider with MAD skills! It amazes me people can do with an off-road bike!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl