Choppy Video

Reaction score
Dear Team,

i ma having some choppy videos with my p4pro, started video recently and following the correct shutter speed, 30 fps with 60 shuteer, 60 fps with 120 shutter etc... i have a macbook pro and 1 year old ...i am surprised , any tips guys ?

Have you compressed any of the footage yet (MP4 1080) and tried playback with that? That would rule out computer speed as a possible issue. Are you playing back your footage in Quicktime Player on in editing software? If the later then you might make sure it's set to smooth playback pref over quality playback.

Have you compressed any of the footage yet (MP4 1080) and tried playback with that? That would rule out computer speed as a possible issue. Are you playing back your footage in Quicktime Player on in editing software? If the later then you might make sure it's set to smooth playback pref over quality playback.
ye i understand your point,, playing it on fcpx...will try again

Perfect. Definitely check that it's set for smooth playback. I have mine set that way and just edited a whole piece on probably the same specs MBP that you have (using FCPX) with no issues. You'll see the footage go a bit soft when it's playing and then crisp back up when you stop playback. Of course once you output and compress then your footage plays smoothly with full detail intact. Good luck!

I was having "choppy video" from my P4P. I was really disappointed when I reviewed the video on my computer. Then I tried it in some editing software. Same thing, choppy video. Then I took the micro SD card, put it in an adaptor, plugged it into a USB port on my Samsung 4K TV. The video is beautiful and perfect. There is no choppy video coming from the P4P. It was my computer not able to display 4K video.
If you have that problem, try it on a display that you know can play 4K video. I think you will be surprised.

Highly recommend shoot in 4K and downgrade to 2K , that way your video will look stellar on 30 inch monitors and easy to edit. 4K even with the new Imac Pro is not perfect. Sill using Proxies even.
Approved Vendor
phantomrain.org
second.gif

Highly recommend shoot in 4K and downgrade to 2K , that way your video will look stellar on 30 inch monitors and easy to edit. 4K even with the new Imac Pro is not perfect. Sill using Proxies even.
Approved Vendor
phantomrain.org
View attachment 94349
There are no/few problems editing 4K on a reasonably specced pc or mac. You will, however, need to establish a workflow that is adapted to your software and hardware. Using proxies, recording at h264 instead of h265 or pre-transcoding are means to that end.

As 4K will gradually replace 1080p as the baseline (even for YouTube), it is better to deliver on that format as long as you have the footage.

Reactions: OOO
I was having "choppy video" from my P4P. I was really disappointed when I reviewed the video on my computer. Then I tried it in some editing software. Same thing, choppy video. Then I took the micro SD card, put it in an adaptor, plugged it into a USB port on my Samsung 4K TV. The video is beautiful and perfect. There is no choppy video coming from the P4P. It was my computer not able to display 4K video.
If you have that problem, try it on a display that you know can play 4K video. I think you will be surprised.
I also have a 4K Samsung TV. What steps are required to use the micro card adapter after inserting it in the side of the TV? Do I have to put the TV on a certain channel? How do I know it's showing the true 4K resolution? Thank you.

I also have a 4K Samsung TV. What steps are required to use the micro card adapter after inserting it in the side of the TV? Do I have to put the TV on a certain channel? How do I know it's showing the true 4K resolution? Thank you.
Mine detects the USB source automatically, and brings up the input options screen. Also, I'm using a USB 3.0 card reader and the USB 3.0 input on my Samsung 55" curved screen 4k. USB 3 usually has the blue spacer inside the connector.
Connector_USB_3_IMGP6024_wp.jpg

You can also go to the "Source" selection on your TV. Then just pick the memory card or adaptor there. Yes, mine will sometimes auto detect the new source, but sometimes it won't. So I simply pick it from the Source menu. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan