Check your NOTAMs - glad I did.

Sorry about that, I am in the U.S., South Carolina. DJI purchases maps from "Airmaps". These folks assemble maps showing areas of "sensitive" airspace that drone pilots need to be aware of. DJI seems to take this data and classify it into areas of differing levels of "Restricted" airspace and limit operation of their drones according to their belief as to whether or not the drone should be operated in that airspace. If you want the airspace unlocked you must provide DJI with picture ID, written permission from the controlling entity of that airspace, a statement of intent of your activity and the serial number of your controller so you activity can be tracked. I have tried to comply with this for now and have so far been given permission to operate at one airport next month (I can only wait to see if it works on that date). I have another request in to them but their permission (given in the form of an "adhoc" app for your mobile device) is not loading and I am having no help from DJI in resolving that issue.
I appologize for my "rant" but I am not accustomed to having limitations put on me by people who want to be "seen" to be contributing to airspace safety without knowing what they are doing and assuming the operators are not capable of complying with U.S. rules and regs....

Stoney, share your frustrations. I turned off the GEO/NFZ feature in the DJI Go app and have been flying limitation-free since. Here's my experience in a different thread: Filming on Oahu, Hilo flight restriction

Thanks for the feedback. I did purchase it in hopes that it would solve the airspace problem I have. It does work well at home but when I went to the airport at which I am supposed to do some work the drone would not fly. I got a "take-off command timed out, error -1003" error. Nothing I did would get the drone to fly there. Do you have any experience with this and if so, do you have a "fix"?
Hi Stoney,
No idea about that, I'm afraid..

How did you turn off that feature???

In General Settings (tap on the three dots below the camera icon), there should be an option to turn off the "GEO System" feature. The screen looks like this:
014027w1az1fs4zwd21223.png

In General Settings (tap on the three dots below the camera icon), there should be an option to turn off the "GEO System" feature. The screen looks like this:
014027w1az1fs4zwd21223.png
Thank you for that but... my version of the software does not have that option. If I were you I would NOT upgrade to the version I have: 2.9.2. I'll wager that you have an older version. Thank you for trying.

Thank you for that but... my version of the software does not have that option. If I were you I would NOT upgrade to the version I have: 2.9.2. I'll wager that you have an older version. Thank you for trying.

You are correct. I have version 2.9.1 on my iPad.

Can someone confirm what version of DJI go no longer have this option? I am using v2.9.1 right now. Anyone checked v3?

I am OK with an advisory system to let you know where DJI thinks that you cannot fly, but one that can be changed at anytime without notice and cannot be turned off is unacceptable. Imagine if your car cannot drive on certain roads at the whim of the manufacture because they think for whatever reason that they are closed, and oh, they can remotely disable your car from driving on any road if they wanted to.

TFRs are technically FDC NOTAMs, but I don't >think< they show up in the standard FAA search sites for NOTAMs. There is a separate website at tfr.faa.gov that lists only TFRs.

Thanks for the feedback. I did purchase it in hopes that it would solve the airspace problem I have. It does work well at home but when I went to the airport at which I am supposed to do some work the drone would not fly. I got a "take-off command timed out, error -1003" error. Nothing I did would get the drone to fly there. Do you have any experience with this and if so, do you have a "fix"?
are you still haveing this problem

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj