Cheaper options for the tablet holder remote control mod?

Am I correct to assume this is a mod for the phantom 3 standard allowing for the front of the tablet bracket to attach to the RC?
Wish this was something I was aware of when I made the mod on my standard, we just used a drill bit that was slightly smaller in diameter than the shreds, then
Threaded it directly into the plastic, it seemed to hold up well remained a tight fit for as long as I owned it but I would have preferred this mod.

Am I correct to assume this is a mod for the phantom 3 standard allowing for the front of the tablet bracket to attach to the RC?
Wish this was something I was aware of when I made the mod on my standard, we just used a drill bit that was slightly smaller in diameter than the shreds, then
Threaded it directly into the plastic, it seemed to hold up well remained a tight fit for as long as I owned it but I would have preferred this mod.

Yep that's right, it's this one
e0d66c573d072f16b1a6fa22396fe177.jpg

I use a Grab and Go sticky cell phone holder for attaching my iPad mini to the RC unit. Works like a charm.

I can't find the threaded nutsert cheaper than hereAllstar Performance ALL18548 Aluminum Threaded Nut Insert, 2 Pack Amazon.com: Allstar Performance ALL18548 Aluminum Threaded Nut Insert, 2 Pack: Automotive

Does anyone have an alternative to a $10 nut insert?
This thread seems like good info for P3S owners. I may make more sense to post this in the Standard/4K forum. You'll probably find more people there who know about the P3S mount and parts than you'll find here in the Pro/Adv forum.

Reactions: JoBe
This thread seems like good info for P3S owners. I may make more sense to post this in the Standard/4K forum. You'll probably find more people there who know about the P3S mount and parts than you'll find here in the Pro/Adv forum.

Oh yeah thanks, you're right but I don't see an option to choose standard. I'm using the app on iPhone and in categories I see P3 and that's it, I don't know where to find standard only.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl