HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller

It does not come with a nutsert. See my "Materials Needed" list at the top of this thread.

Finally sorted ! Sorry didn't look at top list properly. Why sell something with a missing part? Thanks for your help/patience.

Finally sorted ! Sorry didn't look at top list properly. Why sell something with a missing part? Thanks for your help/patience.
Well,

Originally the tablet mount has been designed for the DJI Inspire 1. This has the hole/threading available in the TX.

The Standard wasn't designed to mount a tablet. By modding the nutsert in you can use the Inspire 1 holder with the Standard TX.

Can't make it much clearer I guess :)

Personally... I'll try this first

Clever use of available stuff. One suggestion: Use a little shrink tubing on the ends of the plate holder to protect the edges and back of the iPad or perhaps some plastic small engine fuel line.

What is the recommended tablet holder for a nvidia shield k1 8"

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Excellent tutorial! Thanks very much. Seeing all the steps and the photos takes all the guesswork out of it.

Thanks,
smp

I just wanted thank Mike for making this post. I saw it a few weeks ago and thought to myself that it was way too much hassle! I ended up finding out my 1st gen Ipad Mini was not gonna work w/ my P3S, so I got a new Ipad Air 2 instead. That meant needed a new tablet holder, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the Inspire 1 mount. It was a lot easier than I thought! I also bought the nutsert from Mike via Phantom Help. It was easy to do and it came quick! I won't post pic because we all know what the end result looks like, but it's mighty sweet! Just one note, I had to cut the foam in my DJI hardshell backpack to fit the Inspire mount. The table holder has to come off and you can't just fold it in the bag. But there's a nifty spot behind the controller for it. Anyway, big two thumbs up to Mike! :)

Reactions: msinger
Thank you! I just ordered one of those to upgrade my p3s. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the recommended tablet holder for a nvidia shield k1 8"

Same thing. Part 38

I must do this mod too because my IPhone 6s Plus is too heavy for the stock mount.

Thanks for the tutorial!

Guys, check this out:

The easiest way and you don't need to drill your RC :)

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 14.19.08.png

Reactions: Uke0755
Any link for this exact mount?I'd prefer the no drill method too!

Any link for this exact mount?I'd prefer the no drill method too!
The above video is showing the same Inspire 1 tablet mount. The only different is it's not secured properly. I wouldn't trust it mounted like that, but it's your mobile device ;)

You can buy the tablet mount from DJI, Amazon, or eBay.

The above video is showing the same Inspire 1 tablet mount. The only different is it's not secured properly. I wouldn't trust it mounted like that, but it's your mobile device ;)

You can buy the tablet mount from DJI, Amazon, or eBay.

It's very stable, trust me. You have to use a proper screw - there is the magic :) I've tested many different tablet holders for PH3S. I've even created my own one:

b2824722c75b6c343c080718ae02907e.jpg

But the I1 works the best. And this is the easiest option - you need to buy it + buy 1 small screw and that's all :)

This is a great solution using the Inspire 1 holder several in the group came up with several weeks back. No drilling very stable with iphone/iPad mini/iPad Air.
Check previous thread for the two parts you need.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459461765.922886.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl