Cellular data

Reaction score
how much average cellular data do most guys use per month just for flying? I was planning on getting a small plan on my iPad mini 3 just for when I fly.

how much average cellular data do most guys use per month just for flying? I was planning on getting a small plan on my iPad mini 3 just for when I fly.
Data for what? Looking at the map out in the field? Streaming to YouTube? The former, check here Caching Maps.......how much data?, the latter depends on what youre streaming and for how long.

Why wouldn't it work with my nine 3, I have no plans on streaming
Only works with iPads 4 and up. Has to do with processor.
Here's a list of suitable Apple devices from DJI ...
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Check this out. You can buy a sim card from tmoblie for 20.00 that gives you free 200mb per month for life, I bought 2 of the cards for my ipad air 2. Plus if you need more.... you can buy a 5 gig data plan for the same card that is 5 gig for a 6 month period that you can use if you exceed the free 200 megs per month. So far for the past year I have never went over the 200mgs per month.
Go here. On the same page there is a promo code to get the card for free.
Mobile Data SIM Card Kit | 3 in 1 Data SIM Kit | T-Mobile
All you do is insert the card and activate it. Nothing more is needed. The 200mg will activate and renew each month 200mg will be available, never any fee or charge.

So I can not load maps in the field with a cellular plan?
This is just an FYI. Even though certain devices are said to work with the DJI Go App, such as the iPad mini 3, does not mean it will work at 100%. It's all in the processor. It works best in Apple devices that have an ios of A8 or higher. In droids, it works with 5.1.1 or higher droid versions. In case of the iPad mini 3, it is an A7. You can expect black outs and issues with 4k video recording.

This is just an FYI. Even though certain devices are said to work with the DJI Go App, such as the iPad mini 3, does not mean it will work at 100%. It's all in the processor. It works best in Apple devices that have an ios of A8 or higher. In droids, it works with 5.1.1 or higher droid versions. In case of the iPad mini 3, it is an A7. You can expect black outs and issues with 4k video recording.
For Android devices, whether or not the device will work well depends on hardware performance, not the version of Android.
Apple devices with an A7 or A8 processor should work just fine.

This iPad Mini 3 is replacing an iPad Mini 2 that I have used with my phantom till now without issue and they both have the A7 processor. I don't see this new one giving any less performance

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl