Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Carnival Video

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by clayton4115, Jul 25, 2015.

1. clayton4115

Thanks to all you party poopers. I have deleted the initial post.

#1 clayton4115, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

Were you hired by the festival?

3. clayton4115

no just took it as my wife and 2yr daughter were there too.

4. opyr8yr

You're allowed to fly over crowds of people in Australia?

5. Phantom Flicks

I was just thinking the exact same thing. These kinds of videos should be banned, at least from this site. It's people like this guy, who will give this community a bad name.

6. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

I posted on this here earlier and deleted it because I just thought it would start another rumble and see that it is so gonna post now.
    I don't think this site should censer or ban videos but think we should with all that's going on with the CAA and the FAA just use
    common sense when posting video's that we Should know is in bad taste . We all know these things can just drop and flying over a
    group of kids at a carnival isn't cool .It might make a cool video but we all know it isn't safe .
    With all I have read the last few days about folks getting on other's for flying to high or BLOS I am really surprised this hasn't already
    been jumped on .
    JIMO I think knowing all this and Clayton I am not just aiming this at you but all .......we all might better watch what we post .
    Or make sure ya got that flame retardant suit on cause ya gonna get blasted .

7. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

We cannot police all the videos that are posted here. That said, this video demonstrates bad decision making. You need to assume your drone could crash at any time and minimize risk based on that possibility.

8. IflyinWY

I saw some pretty cool shots, and effects. Great subject matter too. The yawing and pitching could have been slowed down quite a bit to improve the overall viewing quality.

And yea, the standard butt chewing for flying over the folks. Maybe if you had gotten your shots from outside the perimeter, people wouldn't be bitching so much.

The guys have some good points. I've seen some videos removed by the poster before they got in real trouble. Food for thought.;)

dirkclod likes this.
  9. clayton4115

some good points here, although this event is a once off, and I am not going to do something like this for a long time as you can see my other videos there are no crowds as such, and on another point, once i finished with my quadcopter footage i mingled with the crowd with my wife and my 2 1/2 year old with the quadcopter on the other hand and amongst the crowd the police walked past like 5 times (in groups of three) and not once did i get stopped by them, one young male officer even smiled at me ! they probably even saw the quad up in the sky, also when i was taking video all i got was positive comments from people passing by !

But yet not something I will be doing again anytime soon.

IflyinWY likes this.
  10. maxwell smart

In this PC world you are always wrong. I don't think you did anything dangers. You can get hit by a car or eat bad oyster, hew knows. But worrying about it is not going to stop it. We need to stop being a world full of sissy's. The government needs to stay out of our lives.
    I grew up in the 60s, we never used seat belts, we road in the back of the truck, we all owned guns, and no one was shouting up schools.
    All this Political Correctness is a disease. Its for the children. Well if the parents would teach there kids right from wrong ,and punish them when they are wrong, we would have a better world.
    JMTC.

Bullittman, Options and MDR like this.
  11. clayton4115

Very very well said

12. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

clayton I did look at your other stuff right after you put this up and there was another one name carnival 14 that I don't see now .
    You been busy and got a bunch of videos . My point wasn't as much the legalities as it was you were flying over the crowd .
    That IMO is not cool as it is dangerous and you know it !

BlackOpsTeamster likes this.
  13. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

I grew up then too Maxwell and agree with the last part of what you said . Not the first though as that was dangerous ! JMTC

14. Phantom Flicks

Perhaps a re-edited version of your video would be a great place to start. I have never tried to be a party pooper of even politically correct, for that matter. I will say, that if I was flying over his 2 1/2 year old and suddenly a bird, dead battery of something of the like, caused my Phantom to come crashing down on her precious little head, then I would not only be a party pooper, but all those police probably would've beaten me with their clubs, tased or worse, filled me full of lead, then you'd of seen some real poop.

dirkclod likes this.
  15. Rick hise

A terrific post an response, a newbie here had his first real forum info make me aware. Make me aware of where to put my machine up in the air an where not too. The response of a machine/unit drone going wild over the public......SOAKED in. Thanks. Your response
    REGISTERED HERE!

dirkclod likes this.
  16. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Rick. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

We hope all the members here use caution and common sense when they fly. You have to assess the safety of the area you fly in and if it means you don't fly there than you just have to live with that. Nobody wants to be responsible for hurting others in their quest for footage.

IflyinWY and dirkclod like this.
  17. clayton4115

18. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

facepalm.jpg Morning clayton !

IflyinWY and BlackOpsTeamster like this.
  19. IflyinWY

I'm so confused... Video deleted Monday only to return on Thursday. Guess I gotta second Dirk's Stooges picture on this one???

dirkclod likes this.
  20. Suwaneeguy

Kwitchyerbitchin and fly!
    Can't we all just get along?

Options likes this.