Can't hook up drone to software or app

TGR

Reaction score
Hi there.
I got my Phantom 2 Vision+ a couple of years back and experienced no problems. Got all the hardware and software hooked up swiftly... as far as I remember.
But now, it's a few months ago since I was out flying last. In the meantime I've had to reinstal windowns on my laptop and got a new phone. And now I can't get any of it to work together. Quite frustrating. Feeling like a complete idiot.
But looking around on the internet, it looks like one of the reasons might be that I haven't got the Driver Installer downloaded, but unless I'm turning blind, it's missing from the DJI website downdload section.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
PS. I have Windows 7 (64 bit) on the laptop.

Hi dronesky.
So I was turning blind. ;) Thanx for pointing that out. :)
However, I'm still experiencing difficulties connecting the phone to the wifi extender and further on to the camera. On the list of wifi's available on the phone the connection to the phantom seems "slow" in showing up, but when it does the phone claims that the connection is actually really good. However in the DJI Vission app it says "Phantom Connection Broken". I can see the battery level of the wifi extender but all the other levels are not highlighted.
Does anybody have an idea about what's wrong, and how to solve it?

I do not have the wifi extender but have read you have to bind it too don't know if that will help you or not maybe someone with more experience will chime in

Reactions: TGR
@TGR

First step
As you havent flown for a while its possible the app has updated and your quad firmware is out of date, you need to make sure that the quad, the TX and the camera itself has the latest firmware on, all are available from where you got the driver, once updated (if needed) do the following#

Power on the quad and the TX and join as normal to the app.

Open the app and go to the settings and look for the rebind section,
Make a note of the MAC address that it shows as currently connected (very important)

Now power on the range extender and wait until both lights are lit.
Use a pin to press the hidden button (next to the power button)and hold it until the system light goes off.

Now wait for about 3 minutes.

Go on your phone and open the WIFI and if the extender wifi shows up continue, if it doesnt turn off your phone and restart it

Once the wifi shows up open the app and go to the settings then the rebind section, enter the mac address you made a note of earlier and press the blue tick button.

Now wait whilst the extender reboots, it may take a minute or two, in the meantime turn the quad off and back on again and close the app out (fully close the app out)

wait for the wifi to show on the phone and join the network then open the app and wait until you see the phantom network showing as connected in the app.

Now try live feed.

Sometimes you have to rebind twice before it works,

let us now

Reactions: TGR
Thanx crash1sttime for the very elaborate answer.
I'm pretty sure, all parts are updated with the latest firmware. And the other night I actually tried rebinding, following two different tutorials on youtube. But without luck.
However I see some differences in the process you list and the ones I followed on youtube. So I hope yours will do the job! Again, thanx.

The drivers are still on the web site. Go to phantom 2 vision + and scroll to the bottom.
First off you need to enable installation of unsigned drivers.

Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.

Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.

Then head into Advanced options.

Then Startup Settings.

“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, You will need to press the F7 key.

Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.

You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".

Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.

Then Click

Then

Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.

Then Browse to this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64

And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK

Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.

Your Device Should now look like this in device manager and the DJI software should be able to connect.

This worked for me! Hope it helps..

The drivers are still on the web site. Go to phantom 2 vision + and scroll to the bottom.
First off you need to enable installation of unsigned drivers.

Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.

Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.

Then head into Advanced options.

Then Startup Settings.

“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, You will need to press the F7 key.

Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.

You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".

Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.

Then Click

Then

Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.

Then Browse to this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64

And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK

Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.

Your Device Should now look like this in device manager and the DJI software should be able to connect.

This worked for me! Hope it helps..

This is for windows 10 I believe, not needed if you use windows 7

I have Windows 8 and I used it. I think you're right though this works for windows 8 and 10. If you're still having trouble, you might try to manually installing the drivers with your phantom plugged in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl