Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can't get the prop nuts off.......

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by brightside, Oct 9, 2013.

1. brightside

I just got my new DJI Phantom from B&H Photo. I had another one, but the compass was faulty so I sent it back to them and I received a new one. The new phantom I received has two prop nuts that are silver and two that are black. I guess this is to help us put the right blades on the correct motor. The two silver prop nuts came off easily by hand and I got those blades on. However the black prop nuts are both extremely tight on and can't be loosened. I even tried to use pliers to hold the motor in place while trying to loosen the prop nut. I don't want to apply too much pressure on the motor with the pliers cause I don't want to crush the motor. This is the case on both black prop nuts. I can't for the life of me, get the **** black prop nuts off. Any suggestions? How much pressure can I put on the pliers to grip the motor from spinning to loosen the prop nuts? Thanks in advance.

2. mroberts

I think the black ones are reverse threaded. Try turning them the other way.

I'm surprised the instructions don't mention that.

3. brightside

You are absolutely correct mroberts. I didn't read the directions about that because my previous Phantom had all silver prop nuts and all were threaded the same way so I assumed these ones were too(just different color nuts). Thank you for the quick response.