Cant get another controller to work

Reaction score
Hi all
Got my secondhand Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday everything seems to work ok. Paired up another controller with it and nothing works. It says the controller is connected and aircraft warming up then it says signal lost even though the status bars are lite up. I try to start the motors nothing, I try take off on screen and it says take off failed. Am I missing something.
Thanks
Paul.

First try to find out which versions of firmware you have on each. There are some combinations that are not compatible with each other. Are you absolutely sure that you completed linking the controller correctly? Need to try to figure out if the controller isn't communicating with the bird or with the app. If nothing works, and you have a good link, it sounds like there is an internal problem with the bird. Always a risk with a used item.

Last edited:
The quad works fine with the controller I had with it. I was told by the seller of the quad that i would only get a warning if the firmware is different but everything should still work. I can pair it up it just wont work anything on quad. I have picture from the camera and i have all the bars on the tx status.

The other question I wanted is my P3 has a DBS Phantom itelite mod on it and I was told by seller not to update firmware as it will affect the range with the DBS, does anyone know if that is the case. Also I have a motor obstructed warning which you can cancel which he says is because it has old firmware in it and it will disappear if I upgrade.

Any help I would be very greatful

Paul.

Okay, if it was working with the original controller, why switch? have you relinked the original RC to the AC?

Hi yes I have relinked it with my old controller and everything works fine I bought the other one so I don't have to keep reconnecting long range aireal if I'm just popping out quick.

Had the exact same thing/error. The FW on the controller was way behind that of the drone. Once updated and all was identical everything worked like a charm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl