Can't Enter Compass Calibration Mode Anymore

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I updated the app and the firmware. Wish I could go back, but that is another story.

I always calibrated the compass before each flight because I travel a lot.

But now, I cannot enter compass calibration mode at all using the top right switch. I've tried changing the flip speed and count and can't get it to work.

Any ideas? PA assistant shows nothing wrong with the compass.

The switch may be broken, or worn out. Perhaps a wire off the back. Have you tested to see if the switch is working in the assistant software?

Geo

Not really helpful to solve your current problem, but how far do you travel? I've had mine more than 30 miles away (as the crow flies) and it's been fine. I think if you travel over 100 miles or more, you might want to do a new calibration. But over to the next town or so shouldn't need it, IMHO.

X2 on checking to make sure your switch still works via the assistant software.

I have traveled from the east coast to the midwest and to the west coast wit my P2V and have never needed to re cal the compass.

and i agree that you need to use the assistant application to see if the switches are working ok.

Thanks all, very helpful. I was thinking the switch is bad, but not sure.

Can one of you tell me how to test the switch in the PA software? I haven't yet gotten enough experience yet to determine if the switch is non-functional.

Thanks again for the help and advice!

bviator said:
Thanks all, very helpful. I was thinking the switch is bad, but not sure.

Can one of you tell me how to test the switch in the PA software? I haven't yet gotten enough experience yet to determine if the switch is non-functional.

Thanks again for the help and advice!

Some people have had success by slowing down on the switching.

I ran into this after upgrading the firmware. I found that if you switch it exactly 6 times at a moderate speed I was able to enter cal mod no problem. More or less than six and if not at the right speed, I could not enter.

Yes, I often wonder if people are still watching the Colin Quinn video.. Go a shade too fast, and it won't go into calibration mode.. I'm surprised they developed such a crappy system in the first place.. Gotta be really tough on the switches, especially when you had to flick it 10 or more times at high speed.. I bet there was more than one switch where people rattled that thing back and forth a hundred times or more, to try to get into calibration mode..

Thanks all. This was very helpful indeed.

I connected to the PA Software, entered NAZA mode, and tested the S1 and S2 switches. S2 works fine, S1 - no response.

I must have been putting to much strain on the switch while calibrating and probably calibrating too often.

Looks like I'll need to send the remote in for repairs. I am not good at soldering.

I would find a hobby shop some where and have them replace the toggle switch.
it is going to take at least a moth or more to get DJI to fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen