Cant connect the craft (VERY strange/different problem)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is gonna be very long story and trust me I'm not that kind of person who is writing posts on the forum without searching any resolutions in the internet.

I've got DJI Phantom 3 Standard version which was bought via Ebay. Yesterday after reading the manual I wanted to install and check all stuff which needs to be done before flying. I downloaded the software then installed and I was informed to install some upgrades. Ok. All downloaded, I connected my phone (Galaxy S4 with Andorid 5+) with RC and then I should connect with the craft. And there my story is starting:
I can't connect with the craft becasue "Device Disconnected. Please chceck" On my mobile I see a communicate that my RC is connected and the craft needs to be connected. Yesterday the craft was flashing with pulsing red light as wasn't connected. The RC light is just red. As the sound was horribly laud and was quite late I gave up and just left for today and in the meantime I started to find some similar problems.

Today is still the same problem but the drone is not flashing any light at all!

I started to try resolve this problem and found some pieces of advice but none of them worked. So below I'm gonna listed what I have done just to show you how desperate I'm to run the bloody drone.

1. As the RC and drone is definitely not connected I tried to linked them. Firstly using the app and option like "Linking RC" but didin't work. So I tried the second options with RC (moving the gimbal button + S2 button) of course didin't work as well. The link button underneath the drone is lightening red light in first seconds, then when I pressed it is pulsing red light with ONLY one blink green and then back to pulsing red.

2. I tried to put 3 different memory card but didn't get any result.

3. I tried to use 2 different devices. (Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab A) which both should be working perfectly. Of course the Android system is up to date and is 5+.

4. All batteries are charged properly.

I'm very confused so maybe I forgot to write something what else I've tried, anyway I'm starting to think that something wrong is with drone. I'm gonna get contact with DJI support and with the shop from Ebay.

If anyone has any advice for me please let me know.

Thank you.

Somehow I installed the 1.07.9 software, but now I have problem with linking RC and the craft. I tried both ways and none of them worked. Any ideas?

Hiya,

When you did step one, with the gimbal dial to the right and flipping the S2 switch, did the controller start flashing red and green quickly?

Somehow I updated the drone to 1.8.10 but still can't connect RC to drone. It's really drive me crazy. I think that something is wrong with RC/drone....

When I started the drone first time it wanted me to update the kit to 1.8.10 but like you can read above I couldn't do it because I couldn't connect the devices from beginning. After putting the firmware from micro SD card the drone finally wasn't making this stupid loudly sound and all seems to be fine. But still I can't connect drone with controller, I think that something must be wrong w drone/controller. I am in contact with the seller and hopefully I'll find out today if I can return it. The thing is now I'm concern to having problem with new one as well, because the new update which the app wants me to install :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl