Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. rippmaster13

sometimes youl want to fly narrow gaps and maby inside buildings. can you turn it of for those scenarios?

Itay likes this.
  2. Bocephus-73

It's gonna be awfully dumb not to be able to turn it off --- many of us already have really good piloting skills and like to get close up to an object for high-detail video or photos.

I don't want some new "improved feature" for noobs telling a pro like me I can't handle precision flying. :mad:

mikecorn1 likes this.
  3. Oso

Oso

I may be misunderstanding, but I think they said in the wrap up of the video below that the collision system is off when you are in sport mode and only works when in the normal mode.
    Normal flight mode is actually slower than the P3 so the collision system and active tracking can work.
    Again, I'm not certain but just trying to piece together info from assorted places.

Tested - Hands-On with DJI's Phantom 4

4. Myetkt

"A pro like me" awww common I'm sure you are being modest about yourself. Why don't you just call yourself Gods gift and be done with it? I'm not sure why you are even on this thread, you already made it clear you are not getting the P4 so why don't you just take your greatness back to the P3P form.

5. Stewkur

They've mentioned in a post on the official DJI forums that, yes, the collision avoidance can be turned off.

Myetkt likes this.
  6. NEBCUAV

From what I heard is that distance can be adjusted as well.

7. mirrorimage

Sport mode has these features off. Just flick the switch and you have full manual control.

8. John Locke

Great, I hadn't heard that. I do like to get up close to things sometimes, but would like the insurance of the CA capability. Maybe I'll start getting even closer now.:p

9. Jussaguy

Yeah, they're not dumb. They know they're are situations where it might be a hinderance. Hell they let us turn off LEDw, VPS, just not CSC. :)

10. Szon3

It will all be explained in their detailed manual.