Can you "Tap In" to the phantoms video signal?

Reaction score
i am wondering if its possible to access the phantoms fpv signal from another device?
working on set theres nothing more annoying then a director constantly breathing over your shoulder trying to poach off your monitor. I'd like to find a way to have a second view of my iosd mini on another monitor..
possible? :shock:

Essentially the visions camera operates just like any other IP camera.
And I seriously doubt that it software supports more than one connection.

Kelso, it looks like from your signature and website that you're running a standard P2, not the Vision and it says you have a "5.8Ghz long range FPV system with 7" field monitor".

option 1: you're essentially broadcasting your own little TV station... any piece of compatible equipment in range can tune into your broadcast... you could have as many separate 5.8Ghz monitors or goggles as you want. I say COMPATIBLE equipment because not everything is, some tx/rx systems don't have the exact same channel frequencies so keep an eye on that.

option 2: some monitors and goggles have an output.. so depending on exactly which little LCD receiver you have, if it has an output port you could patch that output to any device (display) with a compatible video input, even if it wasn't receiving the 5.8Ghz signal directly. For example, I have a Boscam RX-LCD5802... it has 3 outputs and comes with 2 cables as shown below, I could use the diversity output and included cable and have a standard RCA video plugged into anything with a RCA video in.
attachment.php

Re: Can you "Tap In" to the phantoms video signal?

I have also the boscam 5802 and the fly zone goggles both receive then signal separately from the phantom 2 .. Ie I use the monitor and my friend can use the goggles standing well apart without and cables between us ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't realize that you were using a standard video transmitter,

Just like the post above all you need is another receiver and monitor set to the same channel and is compatible with the transmitter used.

Kelso Kubat said:
i am wondering if its possible to access the phantoms fpv signal from another device?
working on set theres nothing more annoying then a director constantly breathing over your shoulder trying to poach off your monitor. I'd like to find a way to have a second view of my iosd mini on another monitor..
possible? :shock:
Yes, as others have replied, you are basically a mini broadcasting device. You're only limited by range and penetration, assuming we're talking about standard 5.8, but you can have 100 receivers (goggles, monitors) on the same channel and all will get your signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl