Can you put a pro camera onto an advanced?

Reaction score
Can you put a pro camera onto an advanced? Basically are the cameras interchangeable?

Has anyone done this?

I believe so. You will need to update the firmware using pro. I have never done it. Anyone who has done it please chime in. I may want to put an Advanced on a Pro.

Yes, they are interchangeable.

It might be better to sell your P3A and buy P3P. Do your maths.

Will this give you the 10 mbps downlink as well?? If not i don't think its worth the switch might as well buy a P3P

DJI sells the "aircraft only" version of the P3P & P3A. The same base aircraft is used for both. The separately available cameras are different for the respective models. This being the case it stands to reason the cameras should be interchangeable & the bit rate is determined by the camera installed. If you were to replace a P3A camera with one for a P3P, you should update the firmware with the P3P version & vice versa.

I had a slight misfortune with my pro and blew one of the speed control part of the board. Bought a new advanced with no camera and put mine straight on no problems. Updated the firmware to pro and it's just fine

DJI agree they are interchangeable ....if you look hard enough.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Look at the first item under "Camera And Gimbal".

And then you could look at the second FAQ here about invalidating your guarantee, and maybe get confused:
Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

I just contacted DJI about warranty coverage after swapping the camera/gimbals. My Advanced is only a month old, and I have a Pro camera from a P3P that was activated today. They told me both will be covered, but the dates would be a month off. I repeated the question to make sure they understood I was asking if I would lose coverage by placing the Pro camera on the Advanced. If I have a mishap, would they both be covered and they said yes I would still have 1 year coverage from the date of activation on each the Advanced, and Pro Gimbal. I saved the chat screen shots for my records in case they are needed .

DJI sells the "aircraft only" version of the P3P & P3A. The same base aircraft is used for both. The separately available cameras are different for the respective models. This being the case it stands to reason the cameras should be interchangeable & the bit rate is determined by the camera installed. If you were to replace a P3A camera with one for a P3P, you should update the firmware with the P3P version & vice versa.
But, can u take a older firmware p3p and place your new firmware p3a camera on it and keep old fw on p3p? Or would you HAVE to install adv. fw on that p3p

I just contacted DJI about warranty coverage after swapping the camera/gimbals. My Advanced is only a month old, and I have a Pro camera from a P3P that was activated today. They told me both will be covered, but the dates would be a month off. I repeated the question to make sure they understood I was asking if I would lose coverage by placing the Pro camera on the Advanced. If I have a mishap, would they both be covered and they said yes I would still have 1 year coverage from the date of activation on each the Advanced, and Pro Gimbal. I saved the chat screen shots for my records in case they are needed .
That's good. They were probably only trying to stop idiots doing stuff like this::)

Dji has now added a faq to there camera page for the advance. It says the birds are exactly the same and that you can switch the pro to the phantom advanced just make sure you run the pro firmwate ( duh!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl