Can We Please Use Our Heads??

Reaction score
As much as the federal government has their hands in everyone's business you would think people would have more common sense. The guy that flew his quad over the gas explosion in Harlem last week was a fool, not just because of the flight but he then sold the video. Now the FAA is investigating the incident. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=9474104 I know the Virginia school filming was thrown out of court but to throw it back in the FAAs face like this guy did is foolish and irresponsible.

We have others on here that test the limits by seeing how high they can go. These kind of foolish acts are doing nothing but helping the FAA build a case of to why these things should be either banned or strictly regulated. To say you have complete control over your Phantom is false, we have seen way to many fly a ways for that to be true. Please use your head before someone gets hurt.

Also, can we please all not be typing messages on a phone while we are driving, or get behind the wheel if we are drunk? And pay attention to those speed limits! And, if you don't have a tag, don't park in a handicap space even if you're just running in for a second.

People should also stop stealing things. And for crying out loud, let's not keep ruining the Internet by saying mean and rude things to each other. Also, can we stop with the ******* American Idol already? Don't we have enough singers yet?

All we need to do is just use our heads.

Bluecrab, we're living in the Wild West days of these fancy new R/C devices (which, by the way, are going to be called "drones" because that's a hip new buzzword that carries an exciting cache of anti-government paranoia) so enjoy them while you can because you can bet your *** regulation is coming. And it's probably a good thing.

Cheers.

...and clothes dryers that insist on eating only left socks, and people who make right turns in their cars but swing it wide as if they are driving an 18 wheeler, and for god's sake, somebody do something about the **** blisterpack merchandise packaging that goes on in this world... that **** is razor sharp and kids are loosing copious amounts of blood opening their overpriced video games and pokemon characters.

That drone pilot did absolutely nothing wrong, there are no laws preventing him from flying his quad and then selling the footage. The FAA might think they are in the right, however there is a ruling by a judge stating otherwise. As far as I know, an official appeal hasn't been submitted, just the FAA stating that they plan to appeal, otherwise it would have already been posted in many other threads. From what I understand they have 30 days from the time the ruling was made to make an appeal and I bet they use as much of that time as possible to come up with a viable reason, however the judge was very detailed in his decision, that it will be impossible for the FAA to prove their case, until then the skies are open to commercial filming. The FAA is simply trying to stall what they already know is the truth, so they are on a misdirection campaign to make the general public think that it's illegal.

If you interpret the law the way the FAA thinks it should be done, every professional ball player would have to be a registered pilot and get an air worthiness certification on each and every ball that goes into flight. Oh and give the FAA 90 day notification on when this occurs.

If I live near that accident, you bet my Phantom would have been in the air the whole time. Realistically speaking it posed absolutely zero risk of injuring a firefighter on the ground. Heck it could have went out of control, slammed full speed into one of them and most likely just bounced off without them feeling much of anything. The gear they wear gives them more than enough protection to worry about a 3lb quad flying overhead.

"Even if you have all your ducks in order and lose that radio contact with the aircraft, the most experienced pilot in the world can't bring it down reliably," Schroyer said.

Really? And this is supposed to be someone with knowledge about the subject? He has never heard of FailSafe and Return To Home? :roll:

So much for the reliability of DroneJournalism.com. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl