Can we disable that terribly loud startup melody?

They don't come from the motors. ;-)
That must be the ESC Making them sounds.
Even my tiniest quads make those beeps. It happens when they make connection to the the Tx radio, I think.hahaha
Believe my hpi savage X Charger even beeps some before it's ready to run.
When you turn on the Tx & plug in the batteries they make digital connection both ways.
The beep is there, to let you know things are safely connected and ready to run.
Please correct me if I am mistaken. Thanks.
Isn't there a Beep Chart sequence in the manual?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I'm happy to see people complaining about this. I despise the fact that you can't control the volume on that, why it needs to be that loud in the first place makes no sense to me.

I hope DJI fixes this someday soon.

It's loud enough to wake you up, like an alarm.
So you will stay alert and pay attention to what you are doing.
Remember R2D2, his beeps meant hello... ;-)
Your quad is greeting you in it's unique Phantom voice. Hahaha
I look forward to hearing mine, loud and clear. Every Time I fire it up...

RedHotPoker

I hate that sound too (i own a p2v+v3 but i think is the same).

Generally i'm in very silent places to fly and this sound wake up all the nature...i think is made by a speaker somewhere, no esc, no motors at all.

Generally i'm in very silent places to fly and this sound wake up all the nature...i think is made by a speaker somewhere, no esc, no motors at all.

No, It's the motors making the sounds.

I agree, that it would be a nice option to disable it or bring it to the level of the RC. For the sake of Nature!

Oh well, I stand corrected. Apparently after the ESC's make contact with the motors, it actually is the motors vibration making that noise. So no, it definitely can not be turned down or shut off completely. From my present understanding, you would be very disappointed if those beeps weren't heard, as you would have a dead Phantom. And no, my hpi savage Charger, does Not beep, when the reciever batteries are plugged in...
Not sure which daydream had me recalling that? ;-)
Only in a vacuum, would you not hear those strange, loud, unsettling to nature, sounds.

RedHotPoker

Is there any way to hack it to play a recording of Sloth from the goonies yelling "Hey you guuuys!", because that would be an upgrade.

When my kid is awake he runs to want to fly it. Wish I could find the speaker on that.

Laughing in the hood right now...
Since I don't have a Phantom yet, and am so eager to get it flying.
Could someone post a vid of this beeping noise they are referring to..
I'm trying to imagine it, as it's been described as being so very ear shattering loud.
More like a large Forklift backing up? or,
Does it sound like Twin Leslie's on a Hammond B3? ;-)
There is no speaker, it's an electrical signal after the ESCs make contact with the motors.
There is no tone or volume control. You can not turn it off.
It's a factory set for life, announcement, of Good To Go!!
What musical note is it? High E...

RedHotPoker

When I test at night all the neighborhood lights go on lol. And at last .... Spare batteries

That's not that terribly loud...

Ah, But It would be a deterrent from any neighborhood espionage.. ;-)

Hahaha, oh this is going to be fun...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl