Can the Yaw (left stick) sensitivity be adjusted?

Reaction score
Is it possible to adjust the left rudder stick (Yaw) sensitivity as it's really sensitive and even the slightest touch makes the Phantom yaw faster than I'd like?

I have to really give it a light touch to move it round slowly.

It would be really good to be able to adjust it so I can move the stick further for a small yaw movement?

Is this possible?

TIA Steve

If you check the sticks the can be made longer by unscrewing them that makes a better movement of the stick.
//gunnar

I believe you can adjust them in phantom assistant by changing the gain value for the yaw control. I haven't done it so I am not sure exactly how it will affect the speed. I would do some searches on the forum for that particular response. What I have done that is working out great is to put a couple of toggle switches in that let me switch from normal speed to slow speed. I have one to slow down the camera tilt and another to slow down the yaw speed. The circuit changes are simple and covered in this forum. If you cannot find a reference to them, let me know and I will find the correct posting for you. Parts consist of a DPDT switch and 2 resistors for each (yaw and tilt). When you buy the resistors, buy 10 so you can match the resistant value between the 2. The DPDT switch should be a "on-none-on" or "on-on". This ensures the switch has only 2 positions, and no center stop. Radio Shack sells the parts. In fact the switch they have matches the ones already on the Phantom controller.

The gains in the software won't change the YAW sensitivity on the stick.

To change the stick sensitivity you'll need to modify the POT inside the controller or make the stick itself longer. Those are your only choices short of switching out the transmitter and receiver to something you can more freely adjust.

LandYachtMedia said:
The gains in the software won't change the YAW sensitivity on the stick.

To change the stick sensitivity you'll need to modify the POT inside the controller or make the stick itself longer. Those are your only choices short of switching out the transmitter and receiver to something you can more freely adjust.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll just get used to it....

By the way I've just got the new TX with tilt wheel and although it was a pain having to spend a chunk of money when the tilt lever I fitted on the rear pot of my original TX could have worked beautifully if DJI had not crippled the software - I have to say I'm very happy with the way the new TX tilt wheel works and feels.

You can really easily track and tilt in a way that we really struggled before! I sat my Phantom just above the quiet road outside where I live and as a car came towards me I was easily able to tilt the camera to keep the car right in the centre of the shot all the way from distance to straight down really easily.

Fourblade said:
LandYachtMedia said:
T when the tilt lever I fitted on the rear pot of my original TX could have worked beautifully if DJI had not crippled the software

Are you talking about the 7th channel, it works fine after the latest update, ive fitted a tilt lever to the standard TX and it works like a charm.

crash1sttime said:
Fourblade said:
LandYachtMedia said:
T when the tilt lever I fitted on the rear pot of my original TX could have worked beautifully if DJI had not crippled the software

Are you talking about the 7th channel, it works fine after the latest update, ive fitted a tilt lever to the standard TX and it works like a charm.

Yes it works but it doesn't have the spring return to centre which means it can be a bit hit and miss to find the centre "stop" position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing