Can not get "green lights"/ GPS mode to initiate

Reaction score
I just purchased a phantom 2/FPV package from Eye Aerial and it was delivered this past Saturday. All that came with it as far as a manual was the quickstart guide. When I initially tried to calibrate the compass I would get the solid green light after rotating on the horizontal axis. When I did the rotation on the vertical axis it would only turn to blinking yellow instead of the lights dissapearing according to the quick start guide. I tried this several times all with the same outcome. Finally I dismissed it to my lack of understanding in addition to a vague quickstart paper. I went ahead and made half a dozzen flights over the weekend all with erratic flight behavior that was nothing like I've seen in the dozzens of Youtube videos that I've watched. I did some searching today and realized that I was most likeley not flying in GPS mode. I tried re calibrating tonight and all I can get this thing to do is give me the solid green light after horizontal rotation, after that it goes to flashing yellow. I double checked power on to every last component of the system, S1, and S2 switches in the fully foreward positions. I live in the middle of a 200 acre farm with no trees, so I doubt GPS signal is an issue. When I power it all up now, all I get is slow blinking yellow lights Any suggestions?

Here is a vid of the 3rd flight, all of the eratic behavior in the first part of the vid it did on its own, once I started gaining altitude, it calmed down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRC8PLTJx_s

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl