Can I link DJI Goggles to P4P+?

Can I link DJI Goggles to P4P+ ?
Can I use P4P+ with others VR Goggles via HDMI?
Tks!
I know they won't be compatible with the Avegant Glyphs. I really enjoyed the Glyphs, but they eventually do really strange things to the Plus controllers settings, i.e. turns you RTH to "0" (which is never a good thing), messes up the telemetry and flight mode, etc. This being said, I haven't really tried them since the last forced firmware update, but since DJI support told me the Glyphs are not compatible, I seriously doubt they are now.

I would love to hear from anyone with the P4P Plus who gets the goggles to let me know how it goes. I've heard conflicting reports that it will and will not work on the 5.8GHz band (Dji says they will, other drone videos say it won't). It's sad when you can't really trust DJI support team to give you the right answers.

I would love to hear from anyone with the P4P Plus who gets the goggles to let me know how it goes. I've heard conflicting reports that it will and will not work on the 5.8GHz band (Dji says they will, other drone videos say it won't). It's sad when you can't really trust DJI support team to give you the right answers.
I will try, but I don't think it works with P4P wirelessly like the Mavic. It needs Ocu-Sync for wireless operation. This is the ONLY reason I kept my Mavic. I rarely fly my Mavic due to camera and gimbal being sub-par. The P4P works through the USB (I believe) with head movement navigation. This means you cannot use a tablet too. To use a Tablet+Goggles, you have to buy and install an HDMI optional module on the RC to connect via HDMI WIRE to the goggles (limited telemetry data using HDMI) to see the view, and control the craft with the RC, no navigation with head, VR style. This HDMI method is no different than using Headplay goggles, it appears.

Reactions: ChipperRay
I've heard conflicting reports that it will and will not work on the 5.8GHz band (Dji says they will,

Can you point me to where DJI says it will work with P4P using 5.8Ghz, wireless? Everything I see in the menu's of the goggles do not support that notion. And if msinger says they don't, then they don't! :p

Can you point me to where DJI says it will work with P4P using 5.8Ghz, wireless? Everything I see in the menu's of the goggles do not support that notion. And if msinger says they don't, then they don't! :p
I chatted with their tech support people online and the individual assured me the goggles would work on the 5.8GHz frequency band. But, like msinger says, I believe they won't. I think DJI doesn't do a very good job in training their support staff. I think it was "Tom's Tech Time" on his video "DJI Goggles Review/ Watch This Before You Buy It!". He mentions this around the 3:30 mark.

I chatted with their tech support people online and the individual assured me the goggles would work on the 5.8GHz frequency band. But, like msinger says, I believe they won't. I think DJI doesn't do a very good job in training their support staff. I think it was "Tom's Tech Time" on his video "DJI Goggles Review/ Watch This Before You Buy It!". He mentions this around the 3:30 mark.
Oh yeah, NEVER NEVER believe anything you hear or read from DJI chat. All of them are so wrong most the time, they really are worthless IMO. I pretend DJI tech chat doesn't exist as they do nothing but send me in the wrong direction, and have no influence into any issue I have, that's my experience. Almost like talking to a wall sometimes. I still love their products though, darn addicting. o_O

Oh yeah, NEVER NEVER believe anything you hear or read from DJI chat. All of them are so wrong most the time, they really are worthless IMO. I pretend DJI tech chat doesn't exist as they do nothing but send me in the wrong direction, and have no influence into any issue I have, that's my experience. Almost like talking to a wall sometimes. I still love their products though, darn addicting. o_O
I agree!

Yes with HDMI cables BUT.... I am experiencing latency in all commands. When I go to take a picture or record it takes forever to activate!!!! Frustrating.

Video is spot on but all commands are delaying SIGNIFICANTLY!

Help, anyone????

Yes with HDMI cables BUT.... I am experiencing latency in all commands. When I go to take a picture or record it takes forever to activate!!!! Frustrating.

Help, anyone????
When you mention "commands are delayed" are these through the goggles themselves or are commands delayed through the flight controller, i.e. sticks for yaw, roll, ascending, descending, etc.?

Help, anyone????

When you mention "commands are delayed" are these through the goggles themselves or are commands delayed through the flight controller, i.e. sticks for yaw, roll, ascending, descending, etc.?
I don't think you can give commands through the goggles when connected via HDMI, only viewing, like using Headplay goggles. You have to connect via USB to control from the goggles and have the navigation via head movement. When you connect via USB you lose the iPad display capability.

Oh, all this time I just now noticed the confusion of my question...LOL, that's what I get for not being more specific. I know the P4P Plus has to be tethered to the goggles in order to use them, but when flying the P4P Plus, you cannot use your 5.8GHz frequency and the goggles at the same time (which is my go to frequency to avoid the 2.4GHz noise which is abundant in my area). This is what I gathered from Tom's Tech Time video. Evidently you can only use the goggles (tethered through HDMI) with the 2.4GHz frequency? Maybe Aggie can shed some light on this for us.

The main commands that are delayed when using my controller while connected to the goggles:
1) take a photo
2) starting videos
3) activating flight modes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl