Can I attach "Gopro hero 3+ black edition" on my PV2

yes and no. You can remove the vision camera and attached the gopro using the double stick tape gopro mount it comes with. You will not have the FPV feed to your phone like you do with the vision but if you can fly it blind, you'll be fine. You also won't have a gimbal to stabilize your shots but the vision has a barely noticeable gimbal so you might not notice a difference once you run it through a filter or two. You will have a much higher quality video to work with. It depends on what you want to do. You can fly it like the phantom 1 was original sold to do, gopro hanging off the bottom with no fpv.

Yes you can attach a gopro to a Phantom 2 Vision. You have two options.

1) Mount the GoPro in place of the Phantom 2 Vision Camera, which effectively removes the (Vision) FPV capabilities of the P2V. You can use the Zenmuse Gimbal or any other gimbal designed to work with the standard Phantom 2 (non vision)

2) You can attach the GoPro to the Phantom 2 Vision simultaneously along with the Vision Camera. This has been done both with a GoPro as well as a Sony Action Cam. You can attach it below the Vision Camera which will also add a lot of extra vibration to your Footage, either with Velcro of a custom bracket. There are other ways it can be mounted. The bottom line is the Phantom can support the extra weight of an added camera so work out whichever mounting solution works best for you.

Here's one example of a GoPro Hero 3 Black mounted to a P2V at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny3-AwvmRtw

I fly with both attached and will do so until my dronexpert gimbal turns up. I mostly use it for straight down shots (which is something the P2V can't do) but also I sometimes shoot 12MP stills every 5 seconds or simultaneously video and 5MP stills while shooting and using the Vision camera for footage & FPV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 782
Studiowise said:
I fly with both attached and will do so until my dronexpert gimbal turns up. I mostly use it for straight down shots (which is something the P2V can't do) but also I sometimes shoot 12MP stills every 5 seconds or simultaneously video and 5MP stills while shooting and using the Vision can for FPV.

Nice setup. :)

Studiowise said:
I fly with both attached and will do so until my dronexpert gimbal turns up. I mostly use it for straight down shots (which is something the P2V can't do) but also I sometimes shoot 12MP stills every 5 seconds or simultaneously video and 5MP stills while shooting and using the Vision camera for footage & FPV.

Could you add a ZenMuse if it had longer legs?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Studiowise said:

-slinger
You could in theory but not sure id want to, a) because I have Dutch gimbal coming and b) the props work a bit harder as it is and another couple of hundred grams might mean dramatically reduced battery flight times (a la P1).
Due to the weight, I didn't add legs for when I take off with GoPro3 facing down and forward below the Vision camera but I take off from a modified case (with a hole cut out for the gopro) and I always catch it on landing.
For a forced landing, the rear bracket is just loose enough that the gopro is pushed up out of the way back towards the body. I tested this and it works fine. Just need some better weather so I can do some still and video comparisons.

Studiowise said:
gunslinger said:
Studiowise said:

-slinger
You could in theory but not sure id want to, a) because I have Dutch gimbal coming and b) the props work a bit harder as it is and another couple of hundred grams might mean dramatically reduced battery flight times (a la P1).
Due to the weight, I didn't add legs for when I take off with GoPro3 facing down and forward below the Vision camera but I take off from a modified case (with a hole cut out for the gopro) and I always catch it on landing.
For a forced landing, the rear bracket is just loose enough that the gopro is pushed up out of the way back towards the body. I tested this and it works fine. Just need some better weather so I can do some still and video comparisons.

I hear you on the better weather. We've had some nice days, but during the week. By the time I get out of work it's dark. And the weekends have been uber crappy for weeks.

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl