Can a p3 fly inside a metal tank. .?

Reaction score
I need to know if it's possible to fly a Dji p3 inside a very large metal tank. Pitfalls? Possible?

Cheers in advance

I need to know if it's possible to fly a Dji p3 inside a very large metal tank. Pitfalls? Possible?

Cheers in advance
Not if the tank is filled with beer DJI advises drinking the beer first.
All kidding aside concerns would include
1: compass
2: competency of the pilot
3: reflectivity of the surface.

Could be an instant crash if it even allows you to take off which it probably won't let you. Is it for inspection? A pole cam would be best for that I'd say if it is.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Very weak Satellite signal inside (kind of a Faraday cage) and Atti mode needs a contrasted surface for the monochrome camera to work. You would probably need the beer after the crash...

Atti mode doesn't need the camera but the metal would drive the compass nuts and make flight very unstable.

So I keep trying to fly indoors filled with metal and radio frequency interference everywhere. Every flight has been very erratic, fly's kind of OK for a bit then seems to suddenly shoot out of control. To even get off the ground I usually have to move the craft outside, get green banner and sneak it indoors before it knows what is going on. Tempted to tie a broomstick on it to keep it under control but I think the gyro controls would flip out. Be very very careful!

Ok so can the p3 fly with no compass calibration and no gps and no visual references, leaving it all entirely a manual exercise? Possible?

I have funding to go try it. If it doesn't work it means a broken p3 but that's ok.
Can you get me funded to try experiments with drones. Ain't science wonderful [emoji23][emoji322][emoji324][emoji388][emoji341][emoji388][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Again if the compass is affected by all the metal you won't be able to control it. Calibrate the compass outside and hand launch with the p3 as far away from the metal as possible but I'd say as soon as she comes near the metal she'll go bat shut crazy. What exactly are you trying to do? I bet we'll come up with a much better idea

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164