Camera won't Tilt UP.. please help!

Reaction score
Hello guys,

We just got our Phantom Vision few days ago and we have 2 issues if anyone can help.

#1) When our DJI 2 Vision is turned off, the camera can be tilted up all the way as if looking at the horizon.

But, every time we turn it on, the camera dives down and DOES NOT COME UP..whether we try to tilt it up by the App or by our hands.

#2) And there's this annoying buzzing noise that stays on ALL THE TIME!

Pls see this 1 minute video where we recorded these 2 issues. I have reached out to DJI but they aren't responding on the Facebook or their Support email. Very disappointing. I got it from eBay, I'll just have to resolve it through them. But i wish i could just fix the issue somehow instead of going through all this hassle..and thus I am at this forum. :)

http://youtu.be/u_4I1NJFZ0s

Thanks so much for all your feedback.

First, the gimbal uses a gear-reduction motorized servo: you never want to move it by hand else risk backlash, stripping the internal gears, and possibly damaging the position encoder's shaft. Second, as Uncle Fester said (and you can find by searching this forum) the humming is perfectly normal.

Firstly - as previously mentioned here - the humming sound is normal and comes from the servos. DO NOT move the camera by hand - this will simply kill it fast.

Secondly - you need to do software update on your PC to get a normal performance from your Vision. Therefore you need to download Phantom 2 Vision Assistant and Phantom RC Assistant and update all firmware (look through this forum or on youtube for advice on how to do this).

And then - after updating everything you can launch Vision Assistant and click on Advanced and you'll find yourself in the Gimbal tab. There you have the values for the servo travel limit - this is what limits your camera movement. I like to have my camera pointed straight ahead when launching the Vision and so the values are: max 1000, center -700, min -1000.

Max value is the camera down. Min value camera all the way up. Around -700 is centered dead ahead.

Hope this helps ;) I do hope you have not as yet managed to damage the servo - if those values don't work for you that may be the case - in that case only replacement can help.

I noticed in your video the phone screen shows "Need compass calibration"

As tilting the phone, left to right can get the PV2 to yaw, I wonder if the camera
tilt has stopped until you do a calibration, it needs doing anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl